PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 211 firmware

Custom Search

big jase
08-11-2010, 12:08 AM
does any one have a handy guide on updating the firmware on this model, i did it on the training course and have now forgot how the update is done

TheOwl
08-11-2010, 09:35 AM
It has been ages since I have done an update on this model, but this is what I can remember with out the aid of a service manual.

First of all, even before attempting the firmware update you will need the drivers for both printing and scanning installed on your laptop / netbook. Best off using the CD that came with the machine as long as the CD contains the drivers for your operating system. If you dont have the drivers installed, your laptop / netbook will prompt you for drivers once the USB cable is plugged in. You will get the first prompt which is for printer drivers and the second prompt which will be for the scanner drivers. You MUST have both installed.

Once this is done, you will then need to open up the update tool for your machine (downloadable from Konica Minolta with secure access) and then finding the firmware on your PC to upload to the equipment (again, downloadable from Konica Minolta with secure access).

I think from there, you just have the machine powered on and upload the firmware to the machine once it reaches a ready state. If not that, then try service mode as I think there could be a firmware download mode as well.

Custom Search