PDA

View Full Version : Pan. DPC262 Color Secret

Custom Search

OLJ
06-05-2007, 04:17 PM
:) Haven't tried it yet but just found out that you can use the black drum in the color slots simply by breaking out the plastic stud located in the hole through the metal plate behind the handle of the drum unit. Should save a lot of money. Got this tip from a C262 instructor.

johnbla
06-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Been doing that for a while, saves £25 a unit, found out when I got stuck with only a BK drum unit at a print shop when a coloUr drum failed... so 'adjusted' the BK housing... haven't bought a ColoUr drum unit since.:)

It's a little peg/stud behind the bottom right of the Front plate of the drum unit

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/johnbla/dpc262.jpg

Magebomba
12-15-2008, 06:20 PM
great info thanks alot!! must be why panasonic has hard time keepin the black ones in stock lol!

jpcopy
12-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Are the panasonic color machine good machines? how far back are good?
appreciate any info

johnbla
12-15-2008, 11:53 PM
JP
The Panasonic DPC range are good and getting better with newer additions to the range, don't bother with anything colour before this..

The-Peanut
12-17-2008, 01:43 PM
i cant belive this the robbin gits, i always presumed that the drum compound was different to cope with the different type of colour toner

can any1 clarify over the life of the drums that there is no loss of cq

cheers

John

johnbla
12-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Peanut

Check PM's

The-Peanut
12-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Peanut

Check PM's

received :D many thanks

Vista Tech
03-17-2009, 06:42 PM
I've been tossing around the idea of trying this out since I saw this post. I just tried to take apart the back plate of the black drum where that tab is supposed to be but couldn't. So I got creative and cut the plastic out around the tab. Its actually a metal bracket in there. It looks similar to a shipping bracket. Panasonic must have switched to the brackets after realizing that people could just stick a screw driver in there and pop out the tab. But is there any other way that this could be done without cutting half of the plastic shield off?

Edit:
I found the tab he was talking about, after comparing a few color / bw drums side to side it clicked. So the internal bracket on the drum itself doesn't need to be removed. (I was testing on used drums)

AverageTech
09-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Hey Vesta Tech. Keep reading is post and i don't catch. What tab are you breaking off? Compared the black and color drum and i don't see. it.

onetek
09-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Panasonic realized what we were doing, that is why the latest series (266-406) uses same drums black and color, but more expensive.........

Vista Tech
09-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Hey Vesta Tech. Keep reading is post and i don't catch. What tab are you breaking off? Compared the black and color drum and i don't see. it.

If you look at the slot on the drum handle there is a hole that a bump stop peg goes into from the machine. Now if you have a few old black drums I recommend trying this on them first so you can get the feel for what needs to be done. The hole the bump stop from the machine goes into has a metal bracket inside it (for black drums). What you need to do it cut out the drum frame around the bracket to remove it so you can put that black drum into color drum slots. If you look at the color drum bump stops they are about 1/2 an inch long and will prevent the black drum from completely seating into the color drum slot correctly. I threw away all my old black drums, but the next time I get one I'll post up pics of exactly what I did.

On a side note even tho it does save you money, from what I was told by Pana engineers is that the blk drums and the color drums have a different electrical output to them. So this in turn will eventually cause your devs to shot out. The dev change process doesn't take much but if you haven't done one before its a pain in the ass. :D

The-Peanut
09-24-2009, 01:46 PM
i dunno if any1 else has thried this but the rainbow 1 series (262 322) black drums are cheaper than the rainbow 2 series (263 264 354) by a good margin however the rainbow 1 drum can be fitted to the rainbow 2 series

not tried it yet, but it came from a good source,

johnbla
09-24-2009, 09:25 PM
..................... ;)

Custom Search