PDA

View Full Version : Printing problame with bizhub c500 pro with ip-901/s300

Custom Search

Leonard
08-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Sir/Madam,

hi, i'm leonard from indonesia. we start using bizhub c500 on last 2 week ago. we still tested the printer. But this time we got trouble. when we tried printing, the result always damage, not clear. The print result had only cyan and yellow, Magenta and black not coming out? sorry my english not good.
but when we tried direct copy, not via ip-902, the result perfect. we used fiery ver. 2,
so anybody could help us?
thank you

jma676
08-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Check the Profile out of Fiery (IP902)

jma676
08-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Maybe you try to update the Output Profiles (ICC) or Simulation, RGB is one of them is not consistent with the Fiery.

Check the documentation for the configuration of the Fiery Color.

HORSE
08-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Sir/Madam,

hi, i'm leonard from indonesia. we start using bizhub c500 on last 2 week ago. we still tested the printer. But this time we got trouble. when we tried printing, the result always damage, not clear. The print result had only cyan and yellow, Magenta and black not coming out? sorry my english not good.
but when we tried direct copy, not via ip-902, the result perfect. we used fiery ver. 2,
so anybody could help us?
thank you

Have you tried printing the Fiery test page, configuration pages or Calibration page? Is black printing on those?

Leonard
08-18-2010, 02:21 AM
Ok. Today I want trying follow your advise. But when we tried "test print" via control panel on windows. The result has only windows logo with yellow and cyan on above left corner.
No black or magenta...
And when we setuo IP-902 fiery for first time, we search on "my network". We found "konica/print" not "fiery s300". But on manual for fiery IP-902 (we download from konica site), the name must "fiery s300"
Then we tried print via word and photoshop. The result like we told before,. And when I tried setup RGB, CMYK on color setting we can't found "EFIRGB" or "EFICMYK"m
Ok.But I want trying first like you said. Thank you

HORSE
08-18-2010, 02:48 AM
To print PS test page or config pages just hit F4 key in Command workstation.

If the fiery internal prints are not printing correctly check the interface cable is connected properly to both the controller and machine. You could also have a faulty interface board.

ESA
08-18-2010, 03:21 AM
If your copies are fine then it seems to be your fiery. You don't need to connect to a pc or mac to test this. sample test sheets like suggested will be enough. If you are getting odd output. I would check and recheck video cable to copier. Also I would go into cws and do a clear server so that rip is return to factory without print or print files loaded in it. Failing this I would lean toward video board. If you have a spare rip or can get you hands on to borrow one that will elimited that part of the problem.

jma676
08-18-2010, 03:27 AM
Ok. Today I want trying follow your advise. But when we tried "test print" via control panel on windows. The result has only windows logo with yellow and cyan on above left corner.
No black or magenta...
And when we setuo IP-902 fiery for first time, we search on "my network". We found "konica/print" not "fiery s300". But on manual for fiery IP-902 (we download from konica site), the name must "fiery s300"
Then we tried print via word and photoshop. The result like we told before,. And when I tried setup RGB, CMYK on color setting we can't found "EFIRGB" or "EFICMYK"m
Ok.But I want trying first like you said. Thank you

We started at first, the IP902 does not exist, the correct model for an S300 is the IP901, apologies for my lack of attention. You should attach a sample of the Test Page so we could see what configuration you are using at this time.

jma676
08-18-2010, 03:51 AM
like this. check that the configuration is the default color.

jma676
08-18-2010, 04:38 AM
If your copies are fine then it seems to be your fiery. You don't need to connect to a pc or mac to test this. sample test sheets like suggested will be enough. If you are getting odd output. I would check and recheck video cable to copier. Also I would go into cws and do a clear server so that rip is return to factory without print or print files loaded in it. Failing this I would lean toward video board. If you have a spare rip or can get you hands on to borrow one that will elimited that part of the problem.

I really think it is very difficult for the Fiery work if the cable is bad.

Leonard
08-20-2010, 05:03 AM
Maybe you try to update the Output Profiles (ICC) or Simulation, RGB is one of them is not consistent with the Fiery.

Check the documentation for the configuration of the Fiery Color.

Dear jma676,

Yesterday I tried to test print via windows (printers and faxes) and the result only yellow and cyan and than I tried via IP-901/s300 fiery via print pages menu (color chart), via test pages. The result same. And I run diagnostics, than test I/F board, the result video diags failed.
The result pic I tried to post on this forum but failed cause I online using blackberry, so maybe this night (indonesia's time), iwill post it.
Tq

HORSE
08-20-2010, 06:52 AM
Replace the Video interface board in the controller, it's expensive.

Leonard
08-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Dear Horse,
Approxmetly, how much? But I think it's better if buying used IP-901. Maybe the prices not to far...
Right? This day I tried cleaning the video card, and change to another slot. But the result same... So maybe anybody have another solution?...

jma676
08-20-2010, 04:37 PM
It's confusing I do not think you read my appointments, I tried to tell you check the configuration in the firey color, it is likely that this corrupt icc output, telling it because it is much cheaper to check it first.

Quotes about a failure in the Video interface.

Usage Solution ID Solution TAUS0700596EN00
Description
Error code error code When printing from 1946 to 1912.
Solution
CAUSE: The video interface board has failed.
SOLUTION: Replace the IP-901 video interface board (p / n 45032964).

jma676
08-20-2010, 05:43 PM
It's really strange that happens, you should be doing some kind of maintenance or the machine to cause this bug, otherwise it is more likely that the failure is given by a software error, if during a printing process I leave this corrupt file problem on the Fiery.

I insist that if a communication error between the Fiery and the C500 would have an error code, the fiery color does not send information in independent channels, this communication is established THROUGH a printer language.

Finally leave a small image which you can copy the configuration, this would help prevent the Fiery print THROUGH ICC (Profiles) corrupt, you can also try different output profiles.

Leonard
08-21-2010, 04:08 PM
It's really strange that happens, you should be doing some kind of maintenance or the machine to cause this bug, otherwise it is more likely that the failure is given by a software error, if during a printing process I leave this corrupt file problem on the Fiery.

I insist that if a communication error between the Fiery and the C500 would have an error code, the fiery color does not send information in independent channels, this communication is established THROUGH a printer language.

Finally leave a small image which you can copy the configuration, this would help prevent the Fiery print THROUGH ICC (Profiles) corrupt, you can also try different output profiles.

Dear friends, Dear jma676 (http://www.copytechnet.com/members/jma676.html),

i tried to fillowing your intructions and off course it's better if this only software problame.
i sent the pic result to this forum.

Leonard
08-21-2010, 04:18 PM
and this day, i tried to configures color profile on printing properties. but still had result like above pic, but still sama And i have question, on our fiery's lcd, there is version 1.1 and this fiery using version 1.1eu. so i want upgrade driver from v1.1eu to v2.0eu, so maybe if i upgrade it's one solution, how to upgrade?
yesterday i tried to download fiery profile color, but how to use it?

Leonard
08-21-2010, 04:20 PM
when i tried to print i found magenta vertical lines, it's clear on above pic.tq

Stirton.M
08-21-2010, 04:25 PM
the problem is likely hardware. Damaged or defective cable, VIF or controller card in the fiery itself.

Stirton.M
08-21-2010, 04:30 PM
A TSB entry gives some support to the software theory...

Solution ID TAUS0808534EN* Solution Usage
Description
Some or all CMYK colors channels are missing while printing from the FieryŽ (see attached sample).
Solution
CAUSE: Possible incorrect settings or malfunction of controller.
SOLUTION:Reset toFactory Defaults setting by performing the following:
1. Log into the controller via Command WorkStation™.
2.Select Server and Manage Colors.
3. Select Color Setup.
4. Select Factory Defaults.
Note : Other things to lookfor to resolve the problem:
the interface cable from the controller to the machine - check for any bent pins and reverse the cable if possible.
Open up the controller and reseat all boards and connectors.
Reload system code and all patches. The latest version firmware or system software is available via the Konica Minolta Download Selector. Access the
Selector from SSD Web Support (CS Expert Support) by clicking on 'Download MSDS, Drivers, Firmware and more'.
Solution
CAUSE: Failed video interface board.
SOLUTION: Replace the video interface board (p/n 45032964).
__________________________________________________ __

If I recall, you purchased this controller separately through Ebay. Was it specifically for a Konica Minolta C500, or was it for a third party remark like Ikon? The point here being is that there is proprietary interface requirements. I have a suspicion you may be dealing with something as simple as this, and of course, I wonder if there really was a problem with the fiery, which is why it was for sale on Ebay for so cheap.

Reinstalling system may correct the problem. Unfortunately I will not provide this code for you, even though I have access to it. Contact your nearest KM dealer/branch for support on that particular issue. You may be forced to have a service tech look regardless.

jma676
08-21-2010, 08:59 PM
and this day, i tried to configures color profile on printing properties. but still had result like above pic, but still sama And i have question, on our fiery's lcd, there is version 1.1 and this fiery using version 1.1eu. so i want upgrade driver from v1.1eu to v2.0eu, so maybe if i upgrade it's one solution, how to upgrade?
yesterday i tried to download fiery profile color, but how to use it?

Version.

IP-901 S300 Sys ver6.1 - Fiery verV2.0
IP-901 S300 Sys ver5.5 - Fiery verV1.1

has received a good stack of data with this and should solve your problem, I hope.

jma676
08-21-2010, 09:12 PM
A TSB entry gives some support to the software theory...

[I][B]Solution ID TAUS0808534EN* Solution Usage
Description
Some or all CMYK colors channels are missing while printing from the FieryŽ (see attached sample).
Solution
CAUSE: Possible incorrect settings or malfunction of controller.
SOLUTION:Reset toFactory Defaults setting by performing the following:

the interface cable from the controller to the machine - check for any bent pins and reverse the cable if possible.

Another case that we do not give attention to the continuity of the thread, Stirton.M you really think this bug can cause the Cable? separately from what is in the Bulletin, let me know.

HORSE
08-22-2010, 12:10 AM
I Still reckon it's the video interface board.

RRodgers
08-22-2010, 02:58 AM
You can't go from version 1.1 to version 2 without the dongle from EFI. Don't try it, it won't work. So if it was a version 1.0 or 1.1 keep it that way.

Stirton.M
08-22-2010, 04:20 AM
Another case that we do not give attention to the continuity of the thread, Stirton.M you really think this bug can cause the Cable? separately from what is in the Bulletin, let me know.

The part I highlighted in RED is a part of that specific entry in the TSB. It is not something I added, merely highlighted to bring attention to what I have seen personally with regard to damaged cables. Contrary to your belief, the cable does send separate channel data, otherwise, why have all those data lines. Seems to be a waste don't you think?

Similar issues have been seen by me on the VIF as well as the controller end (as Horse also contents). As the TSB also does mention possible incorrect settings of the controller. The attached sample to that TSB is almost virtually identical to the OP's issue.

Further, the cable itself can still have problems and never generate a code event. Hence why I posted the excerpt from that TSB. Understand now?

HORSE
08-22-2010, 07:12 AM
I was talking about the Video Interface board of the controller.

Stirton.M
08-22-2010, 08:54 AM
I was talking about the Video Interface board of the controller.

Sorry, yes, there is a distinction to that piece of hardware too. I edited it to reflect that correction. It was all in the wording, which I should have seen.

I think I even mentioned that as well, a few posts back.

jma676
08-22-2010, 06:33 PM
The attached sample to that TSB is almost virtually identical to the OP's issue.

JA JA! Would think that this is almost impossible, because the red should not be present, it is clear that the color red is Postscript, but can not be absent Magenta this is just the start, No red without Magenta, that's clear. I'm surprised that this sample.
(Same with the Cyan / without Cian no blue nor green)

Make a quick test leads to zero the maximum density of magenta or cyan in color in ColorWise setup.

PS=If you pay attention you will understand that this sample shows a simulation profile /ISO Coated Copy 1/ is edited by someone who wanted to simulate this failure.)

jma676
08-22-2010, 07:13 PM
OK, I understand what you say and what is explained by the TBS, thanks for replying, if you pay a little attention I said exactly what it is on TBS without having read it before your posting.

This type of failure it is good to analyze the operation of the communication between the Fiery and printer, and clear faults often occur without any kind of acknowledgment code in the system, but also I have the certainty that when a circuit or cable does not work, the system should not work.

Well we know that the information and theory of operation of equipment in the manual are limited.

I had a few months ago to repair a Bizhub Pro C6500 that had the code C-C101, actually I had to replace the PRCB and never acknowledge problems.
The odd thing is that apparently the team was running smoothly before but had joined the code C-C102.
(Of course no ICP was broken).

But then the Managers and policy changes, I'm old school my start was with analog equipment Ricoh remember that the system always bring a good explanation attached operation.

Today the field technician only needs to check and replace everything quickly Feature and what does not and we should not be reviewing a PRCB on the field.

Chromatik
08-24-2010, 03:55 PM
wow

jma676
08-25-2010, 01:23 AM
too many large!!!!!!

Chromatik
08-26-2010, 03:30 AM
And Leonard? (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/leonard.html)

Chromatik
08-29-2010, 07:28 PM
JA JA! Would think that this is almost impossible, because the red should not be present, it is clear that the color red is Postscript, but can not be absent Magenta this is just the start, No red without Magenta, that's clear. I'm surprised that this sample.
(Same with the Cyan / without Cian no blue nor green)

Make a quick test leads to zero the maximum density of magenta or cyan in color in ColorWise setup.

PS=If you pay attention you will understand that this sample shows a simulation profile /ISO Coated Copy 1/ is edited by someone who wanted to simulate this failure.)

UFFFFF will bring this evidence to my provider has a server stack

jma676
08-29-2010, 10:03 PM
You're crazy

Chromatik
08-31-2010, 04:47 PM
These are stressful post!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Search