PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Lexmark T 644 envelope noise.

Custom Search

PhilinFla
08-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Has a thumping noise only when printing envelopes (user prints lots of envelopes). Suspected a worn fuser, tried new one this a.m with no change. Not familiar with this animal, is the drive system as difficult to get into as it looks and how about a guess on disassembley time ? Thanks

mojorolla
08-18-2010, 05:27 PM
LOL. That is how it is supposed to sound. They warned us of this in training. The unit has a "thumper" in it that forces the air out the envelopes causing that aweful noise. Unfortunatly, it is normal.

OMD-227
08-18-2010, 10:26 PM
I know.... they sound terrible hey! But, enevelope mode definitely helps, because without that 'thumper' unit on the fuser, the envelopes would crease passing through the rollers.
Its normal, dont worry about it.

PhilinFla
08-20-2010, 01:11 AM
Well that's a little embarressing :) You educated every tech in our office ,thanks.
It has other issues but haven't had a chance to get back there, the "normal" nose it was making overrode every other issue it has and I was focused on curing that.

LOL. That is how it is supposed to sound.

OMD-227
08-20-2010, 01:23 AM
As it has been explained to me.......

The thumper unit pulses the fuser rollers, enabling it to push air out of the envelope. Without the pulsing action, the envelopes crease quite badly, because the further the envelope passes through the more uneven it becomes. The thumper levels everything out.

Apparently it a standard feature on the Lexmark boxes.

lola8888
12-17-2012, 04:57 PM
I was wanting to know if there was a way to disable this thumping feature.

Silvertoast
12-17-2012, 08:07 PM
can be disabled or reduced in the menu settings

ShmulikSalama
12-19-2012, 02:49 PM
it can - try accessing: paper menu > tray config > Envelope Enhance + > change this settings to reduce the thumping noise. but take note the envelope can become wrinkeld.

Custom Search