PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C550 jams from Tray 4

Custom Search

emujo
08-20-2010, 01:21 PM
C550 with 1.3 m copies perdominatly from tray 3/4. Latest firmware... Getting 17-10 code on tray 4. Replaced entire feed head from known working MFP with no change. No issues from tray 3. Tray 4 feeds 1st sheet about 3/4 in past paper feed sensor and stops. However, when I set tray 4 for "Thick" (slows copy speed down) I can run all day with 0 jams. I guess whats confusing me is 17-10 code is related to tray 3/4 horizontal transport, but I'm running from tray 4 so this code should not pop up and again, I can run the entire 1500 shhets from tray 3 w/o issue. Any ideas? Emujo

Stirton.M
08-22-2010, 11:14 AM
C550 with 1.3 m copies perdominatly from tray 3/4. Latest firmware... Getting 17-10 code on tray 4. Replaced entire feed head from known working MFP with no change. No issues from tray 3. Tray 4 feeds 1st sheet about 3/4 in past paper feed sensor and stops. However, when I set tray 4 for "Thick" (slows copy speed down) I can run all day with 0 jams. I guess whats confusing me is 17-10 code is related to tray 3/4 horizontal transport, but I'm running from tray 4 so this code should not pop up and again, I can run the entire 1500 shhets from tray 3 w/o issue. Any ideas? Emujo

Check the service manual
15.3.11 Misfeed at tray 3/4 intermediate transport roller section

That gives many solutions to this. Could be a clutch issue if slowing it down does the trick. With that many copies on the machine, I would not be surprised. Or the PFTDB is failing on tray 4. It may even be the pickup/feed torringtons slipping. Or not enough weight (downwards pressure) on the pickup tire.

krm
08-23-2010, 06:47 PM
I have a c550 with similar weird issues from 3/4. When testing from tray 4, I had a jam caused by paper coming from tray 3. I will try your thick paper mode as a work around. I am seeking answers from K-M.

neunelf
08-24-2010, 12:32 PM
hi

did you check the "LOCK CLAW/REAR"(black) from the lowest sidecover. two times they was broken at this machine till today and it was very difficult to see that mistake.

regards

emujo
08-24-2010, 01:09 PM
I will look at the claws when I go back. Were you getting the same jam code for this issue? Sirton, thanks for the input, but MFP was hauled in for this problem, we replaced every item listed in SM check points, ran about 1000 from tray 4 and thought all was well. Customer ran about 5000 before problem returned. It went from running perfect to 1st copy jams with no warning. Emujo

neunelf
08-24-2010, 02:22 PM
sorry but i didn't know witch jamcode the machines made. check it . . perhaps you have luck ;-)

Stirton.M
08-25-2010, 12:03 AM
I will look at the claws when I go back. Were you getting the same jam code for this issue? Sirton, thanks for the input, but MFP was hauled in for this problem, we replaced every item listed in SM check points, ran about 1000 from tray 4 and thought all was well. Customer ran about 5000 before problem returned. It went from running perfect to 1st copy jams with no warning. Emujo

I remember having a conversation with a co-worker recently about the drive assemblies for trays 3 and 4. His contention was that we are now seeing many jam issues with this series machine when the trays have had close to half a million count. In a few cases, he simply ordered and replaced the entire feed unit. The parts manual oddly has the unit for tray 3, 1500 sheet, as a single part number, but tray 4, 1000 sheet, has no single part number.

When looking at it, perhaps the torque limiters are where your problem is?? Or the customer is using shitty paper.

jma676
08-25-2010, 01:20 AM
Stirton.M to head

RRodgers
08-25-2010, 06:07 AM
I posted a pic a while back of the sure fire fix for the old C450 boxes. I doubt that they problem would be in the box you are having though, seems to new.

suomi
08-25-2010, 06:13 AM
I have a c550 with similar weird issues from 3/4. When testing from tray 4, I had a jam caused by paper coming from tray 3. I will try your thick paper mode as a work around. I am seeking answers from K-M.

Tray 3 lift motor is soon broken.

emujo
08-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Entire feed head was replaced, same paper runs fine from trays 1-3 and bypass.

Stirton.M
08-26-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm not sure then....beyond the physical, the problem may be electronic...swap the sensors that are related to the jam, swap maybe the MFP. May even be a pinched or frayed wire, though I have my doubts.

Stirton.M
08-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Is there a point to your posting drivel in this forum?

jma676
08-29-2010, 11:03 PM
Is there a point to your posting drivel in this forum?

Hey, I did not get started, anyway, other people, if they are really bad.

http://entretenimiento.latam.msn.com/AR/encuestas/mujer-tira-gato-a-la-basura/

emujo
09-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Just thought I'd update this issue... I replaced PRCB, MFP board, and paper feed control board, re-flashed firmware with no affect. Does anyone know if the paper feed drive assy has any 1 ways, electro clutches, etc that are only associated with tray 4? SM is kind of vauge, but looks like everything works to turn tray 3 and 4, only the individual feed head clutches separate which tray is actually driving..Emujo

Custom Search