PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Konica 7165 paper jam in fuser after 75 pages

Custom Search

carneage
08-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Hey all
i have a konica 7165 that i am running but i have a problem, after around 75 pages i get a paper jam in the fuser, this is with A4 paper going through with the wide edge first. i have not been running with the other orientation, or other sizes i would suspect that it will still do the same thing as it seems to be over heating? i think
to fix the problem i let the machine cool off and then start again, any ideas?
no fault code logged just a jam code and telling me to remove paper from the feed on the right and open up and remove 2 pages one just before fuser at the web, and the other one in the fuser and needing to turn the knob on the left (decurl roller) pulling the pages out of the fuser
thanks all
carneage

mrwho
08-23-2010, 10:48 AM
What jam code(s) are you getting? If you're not getting any when the machine jams, go into 25 mode and turn diswitch 11-7 to 1.

Anyway, check the one-way gears at the machine exit (not the finisher exit), they could be slipping.

carneage
08-23-2010, 10:57 AM
What jam code(s) are you getting? If you're not getting any when the machine jams, go into 25 mode and turn diswitch 11-7 to 1.
no error code at all. how do you get into the 25 mode... sorry i am a self taught tech if you could help me out i would be so appreciative
thanks
carneage

mrwho
08-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Well, I'll tell you how to enter 25 mode, but bear this in mind: If you don't know what you're doing, you could end causing far more damage than just a seemingly simple jam problem. You'd be better off calling a tech to solve your problem.

Now, with that out of the way, the simple way to enter 25 mode is to turn off the machine, press the 2 and 5 keys simultaneously and then turn the machine on. Don't release the keys until the Mode 25 menu shows up. If you don't succeed at first, try again.

carneage
08-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Great thanks, i am always so careful with this stuff. i would employ a tech but none will come out, they point blank will not call back or come out to our site in the central west of NSW so i am self taught by necessity and i enjoy the challenge

Emjay
08-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Hi !

If you get stuck, send me a PM. These can be excellent machines, and I'm sure I can help.

Decurler roller bearings are often overlooked.

MJ

carneage
08-26-2010, 12:15 AM
I have replaced the decurl roller bearing now.. it seems to be running right... i love this machine... is there any way of increasing the number of fonts that it has stored in the ip 511??

RRodgers
08-26-2010, 01:41 AM
Yeah, I've heard of the decurler being a pain on these, plus they can dump a ton of toner into the T/S unit. I was going to recommend that you try a different drawer and see if it still jammed. If it didn't, it's the feed tires in the tray that you are using.

Custom Search