PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7145 printing code

Custom Search

ejaboneta
08-23-2010, 09:47 PM
We just bought a used konica 7145. I downloaded and tried all the drivers from konica's website but whenever I print, the copier prints PS code. How can I fix this?

mrwho
08-23-2010, 10:48 PM
PostScript is an option for the print controller, and your machine most likely doesn't have it.

Try with PCL drivers.

mrwho
08-23-2010, 10:51 PM
PCL5e drivers - Download Result - Download Center | KONICA MINOLTA (http://www.konicaminolta.eu/business-solutions/support/download-center/download-result.html?packageId=22230&productName=7145)

ejaboneta
08-23-2010, 11:15 PM
The copier does nothing when I use the PCL driver

RRodgers
08-24-2010, 12:35 AM
The copier does nothing when I use the PCL driver

Your machine probably has old firmware in it and will need to be flashed up to at least version 25.
You are going to have to call a tech.

Konica_jr
08-24-2010, 09:19 PM
maybe you doesn't have on board IP432 !

mrwho
08-24-2010, 09:23 PM
If the machine spits out printed paper when he tries to print - even if it's unreadable - he must have an IP installed.

ejaboneta
08-25-2010, 11:04 PM
So how is the firmware updated and where would the new firmware be found? Just curious as I'm guessing it's not something I could do myself?

mrwho
08-25-2010, 11:12 PM
So how is the firmware updated and where would the new firmware be found? Just curious as I'm guessing it's not something I could do myself?

Well, if you're the kind of guy that fixes his own car's crankshaft without being a trained mechanic, then you could do it yourself without being a trained tech. I can give you a list of stuff you'll need, but you need to get all the stuff (since it's a somewhat old machine it's not exactly very easy) AND, if you do manage to get all of it, you risk damaging the equipment if it's not done properly.

ejaboneta
08-26-2010, 12:34 AM
I think I'm a do it my self kinda guy... Is there a way to check the firmware version? I found this on the web utility:

http://vanbergins.com/images/konicarom.JPG

RRodgers
08-26-2010, 01:33 AM
if you just wanna print and not worry about any options (ie duplex and use a certain tray) you can just use the HP Laserjet 4 driver (built into windows) and it will print all day long.

You'll need the ISW software and a computer (or laptop) with a parallel port to write the new firmware to the machine (oh.. you'll need the firmware as well) Mess it up and it's a brick.

I'm really starting to see a trend here, more and more people wanting firmware to update there machines. For un old box like this.. ya shouldn't do it. Ya mess it up and it's bye bye machine. Well... it is an old box and maybe that would force ya to get a new box or pay someone who know's what they are doing to come out and do it for ya.

And the (it seems to me) requests as of late for firmware from people that I honestly feel shouldn't have it is really starting to grow as of late. I don't mean to come down on ya ejaboneta, but... your post was convenient for me.

ejaboneta
08-26-2010, 11:28 PM
The hp driver did work. Thanks for the advice. However, I would still like to know how to update the firmware... where to get it and the software. And maybe even how to find the current firmware version. I followed some instructions that gave me the startup version 5.8.2... Is this it?

RRodgers
08-27-2010, 03:03 AM
The hp driver did work. Thanks for the advice. However, I would still like to know how to update the firmware... where to get it and the software. And maybe even how to find the current firmware version. I followed some instructions that gave me the startup version 5.8.2... Is this it?

5.8.2 sounds like it's probably the print controller. Was that on a page that spit out a while after the machine was turned on?

Good luck on getting the software.

mrwho
08-27-2010, 08:21 AM
Well, I'm temped to give him the necessary tools for updating the firmware - now that the machine is working, maybe he'll brick it and we get some good laughs. :)

Mercutio Norway
08-27-2010, 11:40 AM
When printing to a 7145 I recall you had to enable the 'print to queue' and name this queue 'print'....

I might be wrong, but I do remember I had to do something like this on a PCL5 driver...

copytechman
08-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Not necessarily, they'll accept jobs from port 9100 (raw) as well if its enabled iirc.. I have used PORT or PORT1 with lpr though on occasion.

Regards!
A.

ejaboneta
08-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Well, I'm temped to give him the necessary tools for updating the firmware - now that the machine is working, maybe he'll brick it and we get some good laughs. :)

It's not exactly working, but hey, if only just for laughs, go right ahead! :cool:

mrwho
08-27-2010, 09:18 PM
It's not exactly working, but hey, if only just for laughs, go right ahead! :cool:

Just remembered that KM's firmwares are area-based. So, unless your machine is European, my firmware probably won't do any good to you.
If you want it anyway, just say so - I'll send it to you on the condition that you'll post a video of the bricked machine on Youtube. :)

ejaboneta
08-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks... but maybe I'll skip your offer. Anyone with the right firmware, I'll promise pictures, videos, whatever!

ejaboneta
08-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Well if I can't get the firmware to do it myself, what's the best way to find a tech who can do it for me? We're in the San Francisco California bay area. Konica won't do anything without a service contract and our usual tech doesn't seem to know anything about it so i need to find someone new.

ejaboneta
08-31-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm getting pretty desperate. I don't have access to the firmware to do it myself and I can't find anyone to do it. Any help would be much appreciated...

RRodgers
09-01-2010, 02:16 AM
Just set it up to print using the HP driver. Poof it prints.

ejaboneta
09-02-2010, 01:31 AM
That would defeat the purpose of buying it in the first place...

Custom Search