PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C253

Custom Search

JSC
08-25-2010, 04:51 PM
I have a machine that came up with "the following operation can not be used...........scanner"

After unpluging the copier and pluging back in it went away, only for it to come back after an hour!

I have since updated the firmware, formated the hard drive,NV RAM reset, swaped ram. It only clears after the plug has been pulled. then will come back after a few hours.

UK help desk have no idea.............anyone out there got any suggestions?

RRodgers
08-25-2010, 06:13 PM
HDD?

Konica_jr
08-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Hi,
did you have look at the exposure lamp drive unit ? Maybe the power cable of the lamp is out of is way !

Emjay
08-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Does the doc feeder / scanner do anything?

There is a surface mount fuse that can fail, dropping a particular supply rail to the doc feeder. If this has gone, the copier main body thinks the scanner isn't present.

Think the fuse was rated at 2.0A from memory.

JSC
08-25-2010, 09:46 PM
HDD?

Have formated it, but I might change it to confirm.

Does the doc feeder / scanner do anything?

There is a surface mount fuse that can fail, dropping a particular supply rail to the doc feeder. If this has gone, the copier main body thinks the scanner isn't present.

Think the fuse was rated at 2.0A from memory.

DF works, but the scanner does not,the lamp does not move or turn on when the df is lifted, until the the machine is unpluged and pluged back in, then it all works fine for a few hours.

Hi,
did you have look at the exposure lamp drive unit ? Maybe the power cable of the lamp is out of is way !

It all looks fine.

mo0651
08-25-2010, 09:51 PM
check the doc. feed open/close actuator. the plastic cover that surrounds it may be pushed up against it and it may stick down. We had one that was giving strange messages when that happened.

jma676
08-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Maybe!!!!!!!

B0265
09-01-2010, 08:01 AM
Have you checked the service call history?

JSC
09-01-2010, 02:26 PM
check the doc. feed open/close actuator. the plastic cover that surrounds it may be pushed up against it and it may stick down. We had one that was giving strange messages when that happened.

I have checked and all working ok.

Maybe!!!!!!!
?????????????

Have you checked the service call history?
No error codes logged on machine,

The fault has not come back for a couple of days.....................so f***k knows!

Custom Search