PDA

View Full Version : Rep Power

Custom Search

jonezy999
08-26-2010, 03:53 AM
Hey all, just wondering if there is a way to track rep power, ie. who is giving it out, who is stripping it away and why?

mrwho
08-26-2010, 07:57 AM
You can check the last four or five reps you got on the settings button at the top left of the page - click there and then scroll all the way down.

TonerMunkeh
09-02-2010, 09:16 AM
One thing I've just noticed, the rep thing doesn't seem to be updating when you get additional. Any ideas admin?

mrwho
09-02-2010, 12:56 PM
I don't know exactly how the rep works, but I noticed that one click doesn't mean necessarily that you'll get one rep point.

Mr Spock
09-02-2010, 11:55 PM
I am so low on rep power I do not care about it anymore... It just a reminder of how well liked you are. I could care less....

mrwho
09-03-2010, 12:00 AM
I am so low on rep power I do not care about it anymore... It just a reminder of how well liked you are. I could care less....

Well, you got less posts than me and still got more rep.

Granted, most of what I post is garbage, but still... :)

Aneurysm
09-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Well, you got less posts than me and still got more rep.

it is a combination of how long you have been registered for, how many post you have, and how many + or - feedbacks you have. The + or - feedbacks are also dependent on the rep power of the person leaving you the feedback.

I have never been happy with the system but it is what it is so we use it.

see what is says in the FAQ's: Setting and Profile Features (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_reputation)

jonezy999
09-13-2010, 06:28 AM
Is it acceptable to dish out bad rep for flooding incorrect forums with the same post over and over? I think its a fair call.
Also, can someone point me in the right direction as to how to do this, Ive been here for a while but still havent figured out how to do the rep points. I should probably have given a few positives for all the help Ive received too.

OMD-227
09-13-2010, 07:02 AM
Its the little star icon in the bottom left corner of each post.

Hope the weather is good over there in SA Jonezy.

jonezy999
09-14-2010, 03:50 AM
Its the little star icon in the bottom left corner of each post.

Hope the weather is good over there in SA Jonezy.

Cheers Wazza,
Probably could have found that if I had my eyes open, haha.
As for the weather, who knows what it wants to do, four seasons in one day, everyday at the moment.

OMD-227
09-14-2010, 04:30 AM
Tell me about it! We cop whatever you have, about 12hours later.

Brian8506
09-22-2010, 01:03 PM
What gives any idiot on this forum the right to just strip rep power because I actually helped someone repair a machine resulting in him not needing to buy that manual? Isn't that what this forum is for, helping guys out? Or is it a forum to sell product first, help later? And I actually bought manuals from this jerk in the past. Go ahead Paul, strip more rep power. I'm already at zero. But the other guy knows how to remove that fuser now so I've done my job.

OceCarl
09-22-2010, 03:44 PM
i still dont see where to go to see who gave you what. maybe not enough coffee yet

SCREWTAPE
09-22-2010, 03:47 PM
i still dont see where to go to see who gave you what. maybe not enough coffee yet

What..

OceCarl
09-22-2010, 03:53 PM
What..
pos or neg rep power

OceCarl
09-22-2010, 03:54 PM
i have a whole "1" and i wanna see who gave it to me

"Harvey Dent"
09-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Whats rep power?

I have one too.

SCREWTAPE
09-22-2010, 03:58 PM
i have a whole "1" and i wanna see who gave it to me

If you go to settings at the top of the page. You will see who gave you what.

SCREWTAPE
09-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Whats rep power?

I have one too.

What is rep power.

What is reputation?
Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.
Reputation may be positive http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif , negative http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif or neutral http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_balance.gif. Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.
How do I give reputation?
To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.
How do I know what reputation I have received?
You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/usercp.php) (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.
How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?
If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.
What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?
You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.

"Harvey Dent"
09-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks screwtape. I understand now.

mrwho
10-05-2010, 12:41 PM
It depends on the reason that he is wanted in the U.K. If it is a valid charge, and the warrant has been properly served then he would be returned to face charges.

Wha... what??!?

SCREWTAPE
10-06-2010, 12:06 AM
It depends on the reason that he is wanted in the U.K. If it is a valid charge, and the warrant has been properly served then he would be returned to face charges.

What are you talking about dude?

OMD-227
10-06-2010, 12:47 AM
That is a classic example of a virus on this guys PC. Its sending random lines of text from another document into a recent history file. My mrs had the same thing with her iPhone sending random shit from her Hotmail account which was just setup on the phone.

kingpd@businessprints.net
12-01-2010, 02:30 AM
You can only give out so much rep I guess...I can't give out any more today.

DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS
12-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Thanks jonezzy999 for your thread on what's REP POWER, what it means and who dishes it out and how. I am a junior member who recently scooped a "1" and has been puzzled as to its meaning. Special thanks goes to both the ADMINISTRATOR and SCREW TAPE for attempting to answer the quiz. SCREWTAPE'S explanation was particularly very satisfactory and satisfied my curiosity, for this I give you an A+. However, a " PROMOTION BOARD" put in place to vet the quality of the posts and award the "MARKS" themselves would be a "better deal"?

Aneurysm
12-09-2010, 12:37 AM
That is a classic example of a virus on this guys PC. Its sending random lines of text from another document into a recent history file. My mrs had the same thing with her iPhone sending random shit from her Hotmail account which was just setup on the phone.

it's not a virus, he's a spammer that posts to forums with links in his signature. I am modifying the code for site to not allow signatures for new users with few posts.

ZOOTECH
12-09-2010, 12:50 AM
it's not a virus, he's a spammer that posts to forums with links in his signature. I am modifying the code for site to not allow signatures for new users with few posts.
Thank you...I've been hitting the Report Post a lot lately.

nmfaxman
12-09-2010, 03:39 AM
What are rep points? Someone on this forum that gives you a high five for the help.
What are rep points worth? Diddley squat, just shows what responce to a post is worth listening to.
What are negative points? Someone who is just being a D$*k head or a spammer.
What are negative points worth? Again diddley squat, but would you take the advice of someone with negative points?
Do rep points make you any money or privledges to this site? Yeah right!

Rep points show respect and a small thanks for the help to a solution that worked.

Just my perspective on the subject.

mrwho
12-09-2010, 08:46 AM
What are negative points? Someone who is just being a D$*k head or a spammer.

I've given my share of negative points since I've joined this forum, but that just proves my status description. Of course, for every negative rep point I've given, there are a lot positive ones I've spread for the help I've been given.

As for the rest of your post, I agree wholeheartedly.

kingpd@businessprints.net
12-09-2010, 11:08 AM
hehe...i just now noticed that mrwho's avatar is a picture of those green blocks.

DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS
12-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Wow....!!! kingpd you are right! I have counted a total of 72 green blocks on mrwho's avatar. I am not sure if " SELF PROMOTION" is against the forums rules or be considered an" insider spammer?", and how it could have escaped our notice all this long, especially the ADMIN and SCREW TAPE. But since mrwho is a senior member of this forum, and "carries" the "military rank" of a "MAJOR" Ashole, I would think he knows why he did it.But an explanation could could help clear the mystery; OR should he "appear" before the "FORUM DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE " if at all it exists, to explain himself? Should he be " stripped" of his "RANK"? SCREW TAPE enlighten us! .

mrwho
12-09-2010, 02:02 PM
In fact, it's intended only as a joke, since it's just a GIF I made with those blocks. It means nothing besides that.

ZOOTECH
12-09-2010, 04:08 PM
"...but that just proves my status description."

Hey Major Asshole, when are you getting promoted to General PITA? (just kidding :D )

mrwho
12-09-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm more likely to be de-promoted to Sgt Jerk or something along those lines.

DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS
12-10-2010, 06:46 AM
Yaa..h, Humor should also be encouraged on this forum. " A TECHNICIAN DOESN'T LIVE ON REPAIR ALONE, BUT ON ALL WORDS THAT CAN CONTRIBUTE TO MAKE HIS LIFE WHOLESOME". As of now mrwho your explanation suffices, unless otherwise, a member has a different comment.

mrwho
12-12-2010, 10:28 AM
i agree with u..

You better agree with me, trying to sell your crap in here!

Custom Search