PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c351 setting up as network printer

Custom Search

meisel
08-26-2010, 06:36 AM
Hi!

I am currently trying to setup my bizhub c351 as a network printers but so far i havent gotten it to work and therefore i am turning to you for some assistance. First off id like to point out that i dont have much experience with these more advanced printers. I've installed one network printer before and it was pretty much plug and play.

So anyway ive got several computers hooked up to my network through a switch. The switch is connected to a cisco 878 modem/router. The problem is that when trying to install the drivers for the printer my computors cant find the printer on the network. The printer seems to be connected to the network as it gets an ip but even when i tell the install to look for the printer at this ip it cant find it.

i have tried installing it on windows 7 and vista and i got no luck on either. Should i connect the printer to the switch or directly in to the router/modem? Any settings on the printer or modem i might need to configure? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Stirton.M
08-26-2010, 11:48 AM
User manuals pertaining to the C351 can be found here. Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=4962&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

This should tell you most of what you need to know about this machine.

It should not be given a DHCP address unless you are physically setting the MAC address to a specific address, otherwise, set a fixed IP that will not conflict with other devices on your network.

The driver is also semi critical. This series of machine, as the firmware changed, it seemed the drivers also had to change along with the firmware (Later KM machiens did not have these limitations). So it is difficult to say what specific driver you will need without knowing the firmware level of the machine. It is not critical of course. The driver, if properly matched to the firmware, will allow the driver two way communication with the machine for the options to be automatically polled and the driver adjusted to include the options. If it is not the correct version driver, you will be forced to manually make the option changes according to your machine's topography. Having the correct version is mostly convenience and little else.

How you physically connect the copier to the network is up to you. Router or switch is irrelevant, since the IP address of the machine should be a fixed address as previously mentioned. DNS tables should be set in the network settings of the machine for purposes of scan to Email or SMB.

jma676
09-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Hi!

I am currently trying to setup my bizhub c351 as a network printers but so far i havent gotten it to work and therefore i am turning to you for some assistance. First off id like to point out that i dont have much experience with these more advanced printers. I've installed one network printer before and it was pretty much plug and play.

So anyway ive got several computers hooked up to my network through a switch. The switch is connected to a cisco 878 modem/router. The problem is that when trying to install the drivers for the printer my computors cant find the printer on the network. The printer seems to be connected to the network as it gets an ip but even when i tell the install to look for the printer at this ip it cant find it.

i have tried installing it on windows 7 and vista and i got no luck on either. Should i connect the printer to the switch or directly in to the router/modem? Any settings on the printer or modem i might need to configure? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ok, Thank you! and maybe you need post this thread here:

Connectivity (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/connectivity/)

Stirton.M
09-13-2010, 03:06 AM
Are you bored today, or are you just in a mood to be an ass?

There is NO RULE here that states they have to ask Konica Minolta related questions in that forum.

Custom Search