PDA

View Full Version : CF2001 Patchy Yellow

Custom Search

AndyP
08-31-2010, 12:03 PM
Hi, I've got a Minolta CF2001 that prints fine except for the yellow which is streaky. See Attached image. I have changed the waste toner, cleaned the transfer belt and cleaned the yellow imaging unit, I have also done the Gradiation Adjust, and tried playing around with various settings in the tec-rep menu (with the aid of the service manual). Please could someone point me in the right direction. I havent changed the imaging unit yet, but want to avoid the expense if possible.

fixthecopier
08-31-2010, 12:09 PM
Change the Image unit. That is all that will help. However, before you do that, did you clean the optic under the I.U.? That is what the wand is for. Then change the I.U.

AndyP
09-01-2010, 01:29 PM
hi, Thanks. I did clean the optic including the erase one (i think), the one to the right. I guessed it may needs the IU replacing but what through me was the sharp change in color. I would have expected it to wear out gradually, and if there were patches they wouldn't be so sharply defined. Thanks again, I'll get a new IU.

fixthecopier
09-01-2010, 10:04 PM
The patches could come from the I.U. running out of developer

AndyP
09-16-2010, 05:34 AM
Hi, I finally got hold of an IU but the problem is still there. I think its slightly better any other ideas anyone? Just to make it clear about orientation of the image i posted originally, the bottom edge is the short edge of an A3 page.

fixthecopier (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/fixthecopier.html) - would the replacement IU have fixed the running out of developer, buy which i assume you mean normal yellow toner?

fixthecopier
09-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Yes, the image unit would take care of developer. Developer is the other powder in the copier. It picks up the toner and puts it on the drum. Did you clean the lens under the I.U. with the wand that is stuck on the door?

AndyP
09-16-2010, 05:21 PM
yep, I cleaned it and the other part that's at 45 degrees the erase head IIRC. Sorry if this is dumb but is there a place to add developer? I haven't seen anything in the manuals about developer apart from something about rubbing it on to the transfer belt or something. Sorry to sound vague i have been through the manuals and read so many posts that I'm starting to get confused. Also i did the gradiation adjust after installing the new IU.

fixthecopier
09-16-2010, 10:52 PM
The developer, on most Konica-Minolta color, is already in the I.U. It usually goes more than 1 round. I mean that most techs put a chip in a Konica color I.U., after the machine tells you to change it. This tells the machine that the I.U. has been changed, and resets the message. If the old I.U. had been chipped in the past, it could be past life. If you have changed the I.U. with a new one, the machine will calibrate it automatically. At this point, since you ask that question about developer, I would suggest you call a Konica tech.

Custom Search