PDA

View Full Version : Royal CS 4030; C2000

Custom Search

tcypy1961
09-01-2010, 04:34 AM
I placed this copier in June of this year and the day I set it up it gave me this code C2000. By the time I started diagnosing the problem the copier started working. Today I was called out because the DF 710 finisher was not working properly( would not staple ). I found that the stacker roller had come apart. However after reassembling the stacker roller the copier would continue to misfeed when trying to staple. Paper appeared not to be entering the finisher. Then came the C2000 code. The only way I could get the code to clear was to remove the finisher, or if it did clear with the finisher attached was to not use the finisher. This finisher was used on the KM 4035 that customer had but was replaced with the CS 4030 because the 4030 had the printer option which the customer wanted. Is the finisher the cause of the C2000??? Or do I have an intermittant drive motor problem???
Thanks!!!

Jimbo1
09-01-2010, 10:43 PM
CHeck the left door switches. If they are not making quick contact sometimes the machine will code on you. You have to adjust the actuators.

blackcat4866
09-02-2010, 01:00 AM
DF-710 isn't an option for Falcon I or Falcon II, Only Falcon III and VoyagerE.

If its a DF-73 it isn't compatible with the Falcon I, Only Falcon II.

If it's a DF-71 or DF-75, when you transferred the finisher from the Falcon II to the Falcon I, did you re-load the firmware? The machine only loads firmware for accessories that are installed. If there was no finisher at last firmware flash, there is no DF firmware. =^..^=

tcypy1961
09-15-2010, 08:16 PM
I would like to thank everyone for the help the only other question I have is, could the finisher be causing the C2000 error code on the Royal CS-4030? Any help appreciated, thank you.

blackcat4866
09-15-2010, 11:02 PM
DF-710 isn't an option for Falcon I or Falcon II, Only Falcon III and VoyagerE.

If its a DF-73 it isn't compatible with the Falcon I, Only Falcon II.

If it's a DF-71 or DF-75, when you transferred the finisher from the Falcon II to the Falcon I, did you re-load the firmware? The machine only loads firmware for accessories that are installed. If there was no finisher at last firmware flash, there is no DF firmware. =^..^=

I still don't know what kind of finisher we're talking about. =^..^=

tcypy1961
09-16-2010, 05:45 PM
I detached the DF-71 finisher from the copier but I am still getting the intermittent C2000 error code. So the finisher apparently wasnt my problem but what would the possible causes for this error code be? Any help appreciated thank you.

blackcat4866
09-17-2010, 10:13 PM
... if it's a DF-71 or DF-75, when you transferred the finisher from the Falcon II to the Falcon I, did you re-load the firmware? The machine only loads firmware for accessories that are installed. If there was no finisher at last firmware flash, there is no DF firmware. =^..^=

I haven't heard yet if you have tried to re-load or upgrade the firmware. If the finisher was added after the last firmware update, he finisher firmware may be incompatible.

First though, I'd do a U906 partial reset. C2000 is a drive motor error and most likely unrelated to any finisher problems. If the U906 does not help, it's time to take off the back cover, and see if you find anything hard to turn in the drive train. =^..^=

Custom Search