PDA

View Full Version : KONICA c450

Custom Search

copierlady
09-03-2010, 08:35 PM
WORKING ON A COUPLE OF MACHINES A KONICA C450'S THEY HAVE A WHITE AREA ON THE PRINTS IF YOU TELL IT TO PRINT TO THICK PAPER (BOTH MACHINES) GOES AWAY IF YOU USE 20# AND TELL IT TO PRINT TO NORMAL PAPER. ALSO IF YOU PRINT ON CARD STOCK AND THEN PUT IT BACK THROUGH THE MACHINE TO PRINT ON SIDE TWO THE COLORS ARE ALL FADED OUT AND BLOCHY. YOU CAN PUT 20# BOND THROUGH THE SECOND TIME NO PROBLEMS, BUT CARD STOCK WILL NOT DO THE SECOND SIDE WITH GOOD CQ. IF THE STOCK IS COATED IT DOES A LITTLE BETTER IF YOU PRINT THE GLOSSY SIDE FIRST BUT..................... STILL NOT GOOD. THESE MACHINES ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY.:mad: ANY CLUES? THANKS. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

jma676
09-03-2010, 09:03 PM
First and Second Tranfer adjustment.

Stirton.M
09-04-2010, 05:36 AM
in addition to jma676's idea, there is also a setting called for example, "thick 2 (Duplex side 2)" that may help a little bit for the duplex printing, though admittedly it is pretty limited.

Your first problem, the white area, is a little obscure. Do you have a sample you can post?

Also, these machines are not rated for very heavy paper. 67lb is the maximum rating available. So most card stock with weight class above that will not yield great results.

Glossy paper, even though it is "thin" has the plastic component that can really wreak havoc with the electrical transfer through second transfer. This paper is known as text glossy and usually comes in weights of 80 lb or 100lb, both of which exceed the ratings of the machine. The adjustments jma mentions will help, but there are limits to this. Blasting effects can happen...text, if made up of process black, will look fuzzy or blurry.

Best bet for these types of paper is to move into production series machines like the C6500/5500/5501/6501 series.

Also, if the paper is acclimatized to the environment, too moist or too dry, it will severely affect the reproduction capabilities of the machine. Keep unused paper inside a tupperwear container to keep it from taking on the environment properties.

jma676
09-04-2010, 07:36 PM
in addition to jma676's idea, there is also a setting called for example, "thick 2 (Duplex side 2)" that may help a little bit for the duplex printing, though admittedly it is pretty limited.

Your first problem, the white area, is a little obscure. Do you have a sample you can post?

Also, these machines are not rated for very heavy paper. 67lb is the maximum rating available. So most card stock with weight class above that will not yield great results.

Glossy paper, even though it is "thin" has the plastic component that can really wreak havoc with the electrical transfer through second transfer. This paper is known as text glossy and usually comes in weights of 80 lb or 100lb, both of which exceed the ratings of the machine. The adjustments jma mentions will help, but there are limits to this. Blasting effects can happen...text, if made up of process black, will look fuzzy or blurry.

Best bet for these types of paper is to move into production series machines like the C6500/5500/5501/6501 series.

Also, if the paper is acclimatized to the environment, too moist or too dry, it will severely affect the reproduction capabilities of the machine. Keep unused paper inside a tupperwear container to keep it from taking on the environment properties.

As well as leave at other times, it is my intention to do synthesis in the responses.

If you read carefully (not too bright).

WORKING ON A COUPLE OF MACHINES A KONICA C450'S.

THEY HAVE A WHITE AREA ON THE PRINTS. IF YOU TELL IT TO PRINT TO THICK PAPER (BOTH MACHINES). GOES AWAY, IF YOU USE 20# AND TELL IT TO PRINT TO NORMAL PAPER.

ALSO IF YOU PRINT ON CARD STOCK AND THEN PUT IT BACK THROUGH THE MACHINE TO PRINT ON SIDE TWO THE COLORS ARE ALL FADED OUT AND BLOCHY

YOU CAN PUT 20# BOND THROUGH THE SECOND TIME NO PROBLEMS, BUT CARD STOCK WILL NOT DO THE SECOND SIDE WITH GOOD CQ.

IF THE STOCK IS COATED IT DOES A LITTLE BETTER IF YOU PRINT THE GLOSSY SIDE FIRST BUT..................... STILL NOT GOOD. THESE MACHINES ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY. ANY CLUES? THANKS. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

(20#) ...?

it all boils down to an incorrect setting or malfunction of the transfer.

You should know how to how to carry out these adjustments or repairs, maybe Stirton have time to guide .

As Stirton says, about the environmental conditioning unstable, this type of environment undermines the functioning of the team, making the C450 also unstable, this is easy to solve.

Finally the paper wet, this is the first thing I should confirm, very obvious way, replaces the paper for another in conditions and recommended by KM.

YouthAttack
09-05-2010, 04:37 AM
i dont get it. are you trying to duplex card stock? i've had a customer try that but it didnt work. i dont think the c450 can do it.

mrwho
09-05-2010, 10:55 AM
As Stirton said, a scanned example would be nice for us to understand the issue.

YouthAttack: No, she's duplexing manually, so that's not the problem. It's, as I understand it, an image quality problem with some paper.

copierlady
09-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Working from home at the moment. I will get you samples asap. I am aware of problems with wet paper and thats kinda what it looks like (the white spots problem) but it is always in the same place, so i ruled that out. Maybe i was wrong to. I tried changing the transfer jma676....... No change. It is really strange to me that both machines are doing the same thing. I'm gonna take a second look at that paper stock too.

jma676
09-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Working from home at the moment. I will get you samples asap. I am aware of problems with wet paper and thats kinda what it looks like (the white spots problem) but it is always in the same place, so i ruled that out. Maybe i was wrong to. I tried changing the transfer jma676....... No change. It is really strange to me that both machines are doing the same thing. I'm gonna take a second look at that paper stock too.

Well with a sample will be easier, anyway you say that white spot is always displayed in the same place, maybe this is an indication that the problem is in the paper, as if the problem were the Tranfer Belt, white spot would be the same but repeated in different parts of the printed paper.

As stated in other post it is always advisable, first performs preventive maintenance.

Custom Search