PDA

View Full Version : Bizub 363 questions prior to purchasing

Custom Search

wylertay
09-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Greetings,

I am the systems administrator for a publishing company. We may end up purchasing/leasing a Bizhub 363 to eliminate an old Muratec fax, and two Xerox Phaser 4500/3500 printers.

I have some technical questions for you:

Have any of you had problems with the JS-505 job separator attachment? We need two output trays:
1) for all print jobs and 2) for printed invoices. As it is now, people end up picking up printed invoices or faxed invoices by mistake, and as a result, orders do not get pulled. Ideally, we would set it up so that all print jobs go to one tray be default, and invoices print to the second tray. We simply do not need the advanced finishers.

I heard that print jobs are interrupted while faxes are being received? Is this correct? My concern is that occasionally we may have long faxes where say someone is faxing a long list of manuscript corrections to us, and it would be nice if print jobs could continue to be printed while faxes come in.

If we switch to faxes being stored digitally in a mailbox on the hard drive, would this eliminate the problem of print jobs being interrupted by incoming faxes?

We are running all Mac (10.4.11-10.6.4). Has anyone encountered any postscript errors printing from PDF or Adobe apps (particularly InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop CS3).

Anyone know of a workaround to using the network fax option from a Mac?

Thanks in advance,

Tyler

Stirton.M
09-04-2010, 06:28 AM
Greetings,

I am the systems administrator for a publishing company. We may end up purchasing/leasing a Bizhub 363 to eliminate an old Muratec fax, and two Xerox Phaser 4500/3500 printers.

I have some technical questions for you:

Have any of you had problems with the JS-505 job separator attachment? We need two output trays:
1) for all print jobs and 2) for printed invoices. As it is now, people end up picking up printed invoices or faxed invoices by mistake, and as a result, orders do not get pulled. Ideally, we would set it up so that all print jobs go to one tray be default, and invoices print to the second tray. We simply do not need the advanced finishers.

The job separators do a decent enough job and are fairly reliable. We have a few of these out in the field on the colour variants of this line and they appear to work ok. There is not much to them, so they should work well without issue. If you have big hands, they are not friendly.

I heard that print jobs are interrupted while faxes are being received? Is this correct? My concern is that occasionally we may have long faxes where say someone is faxing a long list of manuscript corrections to us, and it would be nice if print jobs could continue to be printed while faxes come in.

I do not know who may have told you this, but it is partially incorrect. Any and all jobs coming into the machine can do so simultaneously, including fax jobs if you have a dual fax option installed. All jobs are passed through the queue list, first come, first print. It is possible to override the queue position, but this must be done manually on the control panel. Any jobs currently printing will not be interrupted by other jobs.

There is an interrupt function on the control panel, but this is strictly a manual function for copy mode only. Interrupt function does not override print and fax queue positions.

If we switch to faxes being stored digitally in a mailbox on the hard drive, would this eliminate the problem of print jobs being interrupted by incoming faxes?

As previously stated, fax and print jobs do not conflict. You have the ability to redirect faxes to a system box, user box, email or another fax number. There are two methods to redirect. One, the incoming faxes all go to a single location. The second, you can discriminate specific fax numbers to redirect incoming faxes from those numbers to specific departments. For example, all bank fax numbers can be programmed in and each number can redirect to HR or payroll. Any numbers not programmed in, will be redirected to the system box. It is complex to set up, but works very well.

We are running all Mac (10.4.11-10.6.4). Has anyone encountered any postscript errors printing from PDF or Adobe apps (particularly InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop CS3).

These machines support Mac Snow Leopard. To date, I have yet to see a problem.

Curious, you want a black and white machine for printing from graphics programs??? Or were you talking about a C353?

Anyone know of a workaround to using the network fax option from a Mac?

Print to box I believe would work, though in that case, you would still have to go to the machine and forward the contents from there.

Thanks in advance,

Tyler

yer welcome

fixthecopier
09-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Stirton.M types a lot, but gave good info. Let me be blunt. Bizhubs kick ass. A huge part of the Army uses them, and they are almost solider proof.

wylertay
09-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Thanks. This is very helpful! We are looking for a 363 not a c353.

We already have a Bizhub 6500, two Oce Konica Minolta's, and a couple of older 1050's for production, and we send higher volume print jobs or color prints to those machines.

Thanks!

Tyler

Custom Search