PDA

View Full Version : C252 duplex jams

Custom Search

RShea
09-04-2010, 07:35 PM
C252 copier will jam in the fuser area (and end up with 2 sheets to pull out- other one is just starting to feed) the first time any duplex job is sent. After that jam is cleared, the unit will print or copy duplex without any issues, until it sits for awhile and then it can happen again if the unit has been idol. Suspect it would be something with the fuser temperature or feed issue?

ni311
09-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Check in the Service Mode -> Counter -> Jam History what is the sensor that gives you the signal that the paper in blocked and try to change it with other sensor.

jma676
09-05-2010, 09:53 PM
C252 copier will jam in the fuser area (and end up with 2 sheets to pull out- other one is just starting to feed) the first time any duplex job is sent. After that jam is cleared, the unit will print or copy duplex without any issues, until it sits for awhile and then it can happen again if the unit has been idol. Suspect it would be something with the fuser temperature or feed issue?

to expand what ni311 said, is a good shortcut to review the history of jams, but in my experience with these systems is very common that such failures are causing by mechanical problems or paper type settings.

I recommend you first carefully review the entire paper path, check for any objects blocking the passage of paper, then clean the rollers of the duplex and feeding tray.

Try first to do some tests with plain paper, and remember the limited support for this duplex.

RShea
09-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Thank you both for your reply. The paper is standard 20 pound copier bond- feed from the universal tray most all the time. I'll have to check to see if there are issues with the paper type setting, as well as if it happens with heavier paper and having the paper type set differently.

Are the paper sensors all the same- reason I ask is the post recommending switching the sensor.

It did seem to help some when the softer rubber (pressure feed?) roller around this same area was cleaned really good. But comes back pretty quickly.

ni311
09-07-2010, 04:23 PM
The sensor are mostly the same type. You can find out if you'll taking it out and compare it. Another solution might be to try to feed from different cassettes or to try with different paper type.

Stirton.M
09-07-2010, 10:16 PM
What is the jam code?

Knowing this will get you closest to resolving what the problem is, instead of guessing.

jma676
09-07-2010, 11:52 PM
What is the jam code?

Knowing this will get you closest to resolving what the problem is, instead of guessing.

He who does not read, it was said before - by ni311 :check Jam History

Stirton.M
09-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Did I ask YOU JMA?

No, I did not.

I asked RShea.

And unlike you, I can read.

He did not provide the information previously asked for, which is why I asked for it again.

jma676
09-08-2010, 12:12 AM
no problem, just a sample of what you do normally.

but ... anyway, say no more.

ebm
09-08-2010, 01:48 AM
You could try swapping the ADU switchback motor with the transport motor to see if the symptoms change. Or replace the motors if you have them.

jma676
09-08-2010, 03:20 AM
You could try swapping the ADU switchback motor with the transport motor to see if the symptoms change. Or replace the motors if you have them.

this is also typical when this happens, you can alert a gear noise in the red area on the sample (lever Assy gear), it happens mostly with heavy paper.

I recommend replacing the AD-503

mo0651
09-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Has the jammed paper gone thru the duplex the first time, or is it jamming when it's in the switch back, before it even gets duplexed? That is why the jam codes are helpful.

Stirton.M
09-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Has the jammed paper gone thru the duplex the first time, or is it jamming when it's in the switch back, before it even gets duplexed? That is why the jam codes are helpful.

exactly.

jma676
09-10-2010, 01:20 AM

Sorry, folks RShea two days ago that does not respond, this thread appears to be dead, never gave any code reference.
I limit myself to answer a ebm concern, I raise a problem with the motor transport of Duplex, in this case there is no fixed locking code that is erratic but it happens most commonly with. 7403 - 9301 - 9201 - and also can see that happening in previous post noise between gears.

Custom Search