PDA

View Full Version : HoW to install a new Fuser Unit in a BizHub c350

Custom Search

gaznev2000
09-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Hi Guys looking for step by step instructions on how to install a new fuser unit on a bizhub c350. I know how to physically uninstall and install but not sure what I have to do in regards to the set up and detection of a new fuser in the admin section. can anyone help?

Kind Regards
Gary

fixthecopier
09-09-2010, 11:53 AM
The fuser has a fuse, it will reset automatically

rar0411
09-09-2010, 09:24 PM
what he said!!

RRodgers
09-09-2010, 09:30 PM
what he said!!

What they said. :)

gaznev2000
09-10-2010, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the quick reply guys, much appreciated. I thought it might, but when I installed a fuser unit (Second-hand but in good condition) It made a crunch sound started to smell like burning and a c-0500 Erro popped up, so i thought i may have installed it incorrectly. I put the old unit in again and used the magical reset button and it now works fine (By fine i mean it scans but still have the change fuser error). Any ideds on what i should do? If not do you know an cheap place to get a fusing unit from, I'm in Australia and they are are rear as hens teeth over here.

Regards Gary

bushy
09-10-2010, 04:33 AM
you will need to replace the pico fuse under the cover that sticks out from the fuser.
Remove the fuser.follow the wiring to the cover, cut off the pico and take it to your local electronics shop, jaycar maybe, and resolder the new fuse in.
It will blow straight away and will not show the fuser as new until it has finished its re-boot

bushy;););)

KEVIN900
09-10-2010, 09:02 AM
the part number for the fuse is 010515.

gaznev2000
09-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Thanks Bushy for the quick response I taken all the panels off the fuser but I can't seem to fine a fuse, can yo direct me to it from the picture below please.

Regards
Gary

ineo+6501
09-10-2010, 09:40 AM
You don't need to take any of the covers off the fuser, location shown below:

mrwho
09-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Irregardless of the fuse, you said it started to smell burning? That's usually not good - when you fuse the fuser and place it back into the machine, keep close to the machine and open the door immediately if the burning smell comes back.

Stirton.M
09-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Replacing the fuse is pretty simple. ineo+6501 indicates where the fuse is, it is a small green cylinder, looks a lot like a resistor wrapped in heatshrink tubing, but without the bands typically found on a resistor.

The value is 1/16th Amp (62.5mA) radial type pico fuse. There is no need to solder it in place. I remove the heatshrink tubing that covers it with a razor knife and place the new fuse beside it in parallel, wrapping the legs of the new one around the exposed leads. Cover all that with a small amount of electrical tape and put the fuser back in. Power on the machine and the reset should happen pretty much immediately. Do not use any fuse of a higher rating, they will likely not blow as they should when doing the count reset.

As an aside, the fuser belt on the image shown above appears to be damaged. Looking at the middle area, just under the text where ineo+6501 put in the image, looks like surface damage. This will likely not be too much a problem with basic text prints, but anything that has coverage in the areas where the belt damage is will stick out like a sore thumb. I do not recommend using this fuser.

Also, resetting the fuser count is fine for a little while. But eventually the teflon surface will start to wear out. Symptoms include trailing edge center sheet wrinkling, especially on 11x17 or legal paper to teflon peeling off the roller. Also, depending on the wear, ghosting can occur.

ineo+6501
09-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Sorry I should have mentioned that. Only refuse the working "good" fuser not the second hand burning one.

gaznev2000
09-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Good advice i will replace the fuse in the oriinal working fuser, not in the secondhand one i purchased. If only i had spoken to you guys first before i spent $130. You have all been great. I'll keep you updated, If i don't write i have done something wrong and the copier has probably blow up and took me with it, if you hear of a mushroon cloud over Perth aus that's me.

Thanks Guys

Gary

mrwho
09-12-2010, 03:15 AM
If i don't write i have done something wrong and the copier has probably blow up and took me with it

Top tip for you:

In that kind of situation, I just use a very long extension cord and plug the machine to the power outlet from a safe distance.

Just get one of these - it might save your life.

http://www.chinatraderonline.com/Files/AUTO/Auto-Emergency-Tool/UL-List--Extension-Cord--Reel-22400380105.jpg

Custom Search