PDA

View Full Version : How do you setup in-bound fax routing on a Konica Bizhub C650?

Custom Search

glen.holmes
09-10-2010, 12:47 AM
How do you setup in-bound fax routing on a Konica Bizhub C650?

Stirton.M
09-10-2010, 01:38 AM
How do you setup in-bound fax routing on a Konica Bizhub C650?

It's amazing what one can find in the user manuals.

glen.holmes
09-10-2010, 06:04 AM
My scenario: We have 150 Realtors in our office, I would like any in-bound fax to be routed to a specified recepient's email address. I've seen other applications utilize a four digit extension with the in-bound fax to direct the fax to a specific person. The solutions previously offerred with PDF's of the user manual do not work (I already read about those so the user manuals I could find didn't help). Since we don't have a list of who will be faxing us we cannot use TSI.

Does the C650 support any type of in-bound fax routing used in our scenario? I couldn't find anything in any of the manuals I was able to discover.

Thanks for the help!

Stirton.M
09-10-2010, 10:10 AM
My scenario: We have 150 Realtors in our office, I would like any in-bound fax to be routed to a specified recepient's email address. I've seen other applications utilize a four digit extension with the in-bound fax to direct the fax to a specific person. The solutions previously offerred with PDF's of the user manual do not work (I already read about those so the user manuals I could find didn't help). Since we don't have a list of who will be faxing us we cannot use TSI.

Does the C650 support any type of in-bound fax routing used in our scenario? I couldn't find anything in any of the manuals I was able to discover.

Thanks for the help!

Well, that is significantly different.

There are a number of third party solutions to your problem. I cannot comment on whether or not they are any good.

We provide software called Rightfax. It should be on your pagescope software disk I think. If not, here is a link to this software on a KM Canada site...

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=3874&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

I cannot say how well it works, never used it. But following the information in the pdf found in that link, the company that made this software indicates on their website that you should be able to do what you are asking here. It will involve your IT, or at least someone with strong skills in IT networking and working with servers. Though I am sure it can be setup on a standard PC....a server would be ideal.

For more information on the capabilities, you can contact the software company themselves via this link.

Document Management Software System, Solutions (http://faxsolutions.opentext.com/document-management.aspx)

They may give you a better idea directly if this solution will be what you are looking for.

glen.holmes
09-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the suggestion regarding RightFax. I know they've been around for years but I was hoping to do it natively on the Minolta without a 3rd party solution.

KenB
09-14-2010, 02:14 AM
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the RightFax software included is only the "hook" which allows the MFP to be used to send paper documents through a RightFax server.

The RightFax server contains either analog or digital fax boards which it uses to get faxes in and out - it communicates with its MFPs via a network connection.

RightFax requires a dedicated server to run on - with fairly decent specs.

RightFax systems are costly; most of the ones I have been involved with range between $15 and $25k.

Stirton.M
09-14-2010, 07:03 AM
KenB, you may be right. I do not know this software aside from knowing it is available and is possibly one solution to the problem. And truth be told, what Glen is asking for is a pretty involved solution. I doubt it will be cheap to do what he wants.

Glen, aside from this option, there really is no other way to do this. Nothing even hints at it within the manuals. The fax kit in this series is virtually identical to the first generation fax kits found in the much older C450s...a few subtle improvements but not much more than this. To date I have yet to see this capability, it isn't even available on the C652 series.

Custom Search