PDA

View Full Version : KM5035, CS5035. Printing (locked) Problem. Please Help!

Custom Search

RookieTech
09-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Ok, guys here is my problem.

The machine works great and is low metered, with one exception that is driving me nuts! When printing certain files, typically some with graphics, or large files, the machine begins to print, and then it stops. It fails to print the job that is sent to it. It is connected over a network.

Anyone have this problem before? Any ideas on what causes this? I have installed the recommended universal driver, and have expanded the memory on the print board.

Could this be a firmware related issue?

If so, how is the firmware upgraded on the print board? I tried doing as the manufacturer indicated on the service manual, however it does not read the CF card.

Any help would be appreciated; thanks.

bojans
09-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Hi
first i don't work on these machines, but i believe you should reinstall drivers. Universal drivers are not the best option.

blackcat4866
09-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Hi
first i don't work on these machines, but i believe you should reinstall drivers. Universal drivers are not the best option.

100% agreed. Load the full KX driver, and select PCL XL print emulation. Even if you are printing from Adobe applications, KPDL is not the best choice on Kyocera products.

Frits
09-13-2010, 09:15 AM
the best thing you can do to improve printing is to install a mini PCl driver
set graphics under printfunction to hp-GL/2.
This also helps to improve printing on the taskalfa's when the customer is printing form autocad etc.

aragul
09-13-2010, 05:05 PM
For firmware, check sim U019 to see if it's out of date. The latest one should be 146.13 which is 3 years old.

Format the CF card using the printer slot (you don't need to take off any covers to get here). It's something like Printer -> Memory Card -> Format. It's just FAT32 with some directories, but it likes to be picky when updating firmware. Drop the 3h8_14613.bcmp file into the root of the CF card, boot up the copier with the CF card, and press the Printer button to watch the status. It should take a minute or two.

just a tech
09-14-2010, 12:32 AM
If locking up when printing high MB sized documents or files, you may want to try changing your "Host Buffer Size" values. This will allow more information to spool faster into the machine and not "bottleneck" (for a lack of a better term) causing slow printing or locked up print jobs. Different models require different ways. This will be a lot of shit to go through but it should work for you. It has for me when I was fighting large file size lock-ups. To change the Host Buffer Size values for this machine you have to do the following:

Type the I.P. address of the print card that's in machine into your browser (internet explorer, mozilla firefox, etc.).
After you are the printer NIC webpage, look to the left side of screen. There you will see "General". Within this category, you will see "Status Page". Click that.
Once on this page, you will see a box giving details concerning "Memory". Look to see what your "user available memory" amount is. It will be listed in KB's. Write that number down or remember it. (You will use it again)
Now, on the left side of the webpage (where you saw "General"), you will see "Printing Defaults". Click this to go to this page. At top of page, you will see different tabs. Click "FRPO Values".
On this page you will see different FRPO Parameters and their current value settings. Scroll down to "S5" (Host Buffer Size Rate). Change this number to "2". That way your size rate is calibrated for 1MB instead of 10KB or 100KB.
Now scroll up till you see "H8" (Host Buffer Size). Whatever your "user available memory" amount was, devide that by 25%. (Example: 40000KB user available would translate into 10000KB) Now, 10000KB is equal to 10MB. And since we now have a size rate (remember the S5 value) that is configured into 1MB, you would set the value for "H8" to the number 10.
Click submit at bottom of webpage and try it out.
Now, as I said, this is a lot of shit to go through (or at leats it sounds like it), but it has worked for me before. Hopefully it will for you too. Good Luck.

RookieTech
09-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Solved: Reinstalled drivers and selected PCL XL print emulation. This did the trick. Thanks for the help.

dickierock
09-21-2010, 10:55 PM
"Print as image" option is also useful for graphics and later acrobat versions..

Jimbo1
09-22-2010, 10:05 PM
We just had one that a firewall was blocking it out. It was a McAfee firewall so I would look and see if anything like that is in that system.

Custom Search