PDA

View Full Version : C280 Scan to email

Custom Search

joneze
09-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Customer has 2 C280. One with a intermitent scanning issue. Somtimes when the scan more than 10 pages they get a login error. The email server does not use authentication so thats turned off. I have been out to the machine and been able to scan 70+ pages without any error.

The other machines seem to be ok although are not used for scanning as much. I have updated machine firmware which has not helped. Any ideas?

aesthetics1
09-13-2010, 04:26 PM
I would suggest setting the e-mail account that the copier is using up on a laptop or an available PC at the site. You will often get more detailed error reports from an application such as Mozilla Thunderbird (Similar to Outlook...) For example: On a C252 I was having a similar problem to your's - Login errors intermittently (with authentication on in this case.) Upon setting the laptop up, I intermittently received send errors due to the server catching my e-mails as spam.

Try this, and if you don't get anywhere with the above method, I suggest trying out WireShark to see what exactly is happening. Check the logs of the other machines and make sure it isn't indeed specific to the machine you're working on. As always, good troubleshooting starts with isolating the problem.

Good luck! Post back with your results.

Custom Search