PDA

View Full Version : x852e Display not responding.

Custom Search

BillAgudelo
09-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Hi, fellows.,
A customer has this x852e, but the display stopped responding. The buttons work and they are able to make copies. But nothing related to the display.

Is there a way to re-initialize the printer?
What else can be done?

Help!

Bill

mojorolla
09-13-2010, 08:46 PM
In Diagnostic Mode, there is an LCD button test under hardware tests. As for re-initialization, there is a factory default setting in the Configuration Mode. I would suggest backing up your settings first.

BillAgudelo
09-14-2010, 03:51 AM
Thanks for your reply, mojorolla (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/mojorolla.html).
Since the display does not respond, I could not use the Diagnostic Mode at all.

What I did was to remove the control panel and reseat the connectors; that did not help at all. Tomorrow, I plan to update the firmware to x85x (downloaded from Lexmark - United States (http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=downloadFirmware&locale=en&userlocale=EN_US)).

I suspect a corrupt file because, if I fiddle with the display for a while, the machine reboots by itself.

After that, I do not know.

Bill

BillAgudelo
09-14-2010, 11:28 PM
To bring you up to date...

When I got to the customer's place this morning, armed with my laptop and software, the secretary surprised me with the news that the display was working again!

I tried it and indeed it worked; but not so good. Sometimes the buttons responded fine, but most of the time I had to touch twice or three times in order to get them to work.

I went ahead and updated the firmware to LC4 (as downloaded). I did not see any improvement at all. I ran the LCD test under Hardware. All it did was non-ending changes of intensity, but no report. I checked some more connectors.

I left it at that. The girls were able to fax and scan and were satisfied.

Well, lo and behold! They called me again this afternoon. The display is NOT working, again!

What next?

Silvertoast
09-15-2010, 01:40 AM
replace the display

mojorolla
09-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Yep. Need a new one. I have seen bad display cause 900 errors as well.

Custom Search