PDA

View Full Version : "Original left on glass" message on a km C360

Custom Search

racosta
09-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Hey guys I'm a little stupmed. I have a C360 with a doc feeder. Now either when scanning,faxing or just plain copying every now and then it will jam. After clearing the jam it will say "original left on glass". And no matter what the only way to clear it is by preforming a po/po. Now I've cleaned and replaced all sensors and made sure the magnet sits rite where it's suppose to. Doc feeder is aligned. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

mrwho
09-13-2010, 09:31 PM
a) The machine doesn't detect the RADF being lifted - check the actuator at the back of the machine that detects the RADF open/close

b) You need to calibrate the original sensors - I don't know about that particular model, but older machines would allow you to calibrate the sensors that detect the original size.

racosta
09-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Thanks for your input mrwho. I have checked the actuator and cleaned it's sensor under the covers. And I did run the org detect calibration as well. Like I said its an intermittent issue. It's only happen to me once. But it happens to the customer enough that it's become a problem and put on my desk. I also replaced the sensor that the magnet actuates.

mrwho
09-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Well, besides the usual "update the firmware", I'm out of ideas, really. Unless there's some light source nearby messing with the sensors - the fact that it happens only sometimes maybe it means that "sometimes" = when some light is turned on?

Stirton.M
09-14-2010, 06:44 AM
What is the jam code you are getting with these jams? Sometimes it may not even be the doc feeder, it could be a jam event within the main body.

Also, have you had the customer demonstrate to you what they are doing to get the jams? What do the originals look like? Do they have dog ears, staple holes, hole punched, poor condition?

racosta
09-14-2010, 02:32 PM
Well, besides the usual "update the firmware", I'm out of ideas, really. Unless there's some light source nearby messing with the sensors - the fact that it happens only sometimes maybe it means that "sometimes" = when some light is turned on?

Thanks again for your help mrwho. I was going down that route today. ( firmware ) I'll post what happens. And it is in a server room so the light is dim. And stirton.m there are no codes. It shows no jams in the history and the cq is fine and original is in good condition.

Stirton.M
09-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Firmware may or may not correct the problem, but I agree, it is the first step to take when the obvious approaches do not yield a fix or when the machine is behaving strangely.

Failing this, I have a strong suspicion the problem may be power related.

Is there a power conditioner that the machine is plugged into? Also, is there anything else sharing the electrical connection with the machine? This is critical to ensure the reliable operation of the machine. All too often, another device on the same outlet, or for that matter, circuit that may have several plugs on it with each taking a portion of the power.

A power line monitor can indicate if there is a problem with the circuit if you have eliminated the regular standbys and cannot go further. Due to expense, these are not always practical, but they are invaluable in situations where power itself is unknown. Most KM colour machines should be on a relatively dedicated circuit to operate reliably. A computer, coffee maker, water cooler, shredder, microwave...all will rob power from the machine, causing it to behave erratically.

racosta
09-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks Stirton.M for your input. I won't be going back out to that call till Thursday but Yes about a month ago we checked the outlet and found that it was dropping while in use. We did put a surge protector on it (cause who ever installed it didn't) and spoke to the clients and had them put the copier on it's own deticated line. Now I'm wondering something. Do you think I may have a board going out since we did have some kind of electical issue going on in the past?

mrwho
09-14-2010, 09:19 PM
It's definitely a possibility...

Stirton.M
09-15-2010, 07:22 AM
I concur. It certainly is a strong possibility. The PSU may be affected. Perhaps another board up the chain...since all rely on power from the PSU on either 12v or 5v, some share channels, so any problem on one board could affect another....so its not an easy diagnosis.

Now you said you put in a surge protector? Or a conditioner? There are subtle differences. To anyone not familiar to this....A surge protector uses varistors to channel energy to ground, but will not actively prevent poor power situations. Just want to clarify this.

yvon savaria
11-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi racosta about your problem just be shure you clean the two black patch because of the glass cleaning roller they ofen are full of dust

racosta
12-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Hey guys I just want to say thanks again for all your input on my problem. Well here is an update. This was a chargable call but good thing the machine was less than a year old, so KM warrantied the parts. Had to replace the nvram and mfp pwb to resolve the issue. Had the district KM manager come to look at it and check my diagnoses as well. Client is happy and now after they saw all the problems we had they put the machine on its own dedicated line with a power conditioner and after their labor bill decided to sign a service contract. Thanks again everyone.

Rich

remati
12-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Hello friend
try this
Problems of input light through the glass .... relocate the machine in relation to external light (windows or light bulbs)

mrwho
12-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Hello friend
try this
Problems of input light through the glass .... relocate the machine in relation to external light (windows or light bulbs)

Well... he kinda said he already had it figured out... :)

Shadow99
01-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Try this, I have fixed 2 machines this way:
Scan area adjustment failure.
Check set value of side edge of image position under Scan area adjustment. Misdetection may occur when the value is over + 4.1mm. Set the value under +4.1mm and then turn OFF/ON the main power. Set value cannot be reflected if the procedure is not performed.
This is located under: Service Mode a Scan Area
Image Position Leading Edge = 0.9mm (approximate value)
Image Position Side Edge = -0.2 mm (approximate value - do not go above +4.1mm)
Cross Direction Adjustment = X1.000
Feed Direction Adjustment = X1.000
Note: When the adjustment of Scanner and the position of its components are proper, the value is sure to be under +4.1mm.

Stirton.M
01-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Try this, .

No offense, but you should try reading the entire thread before responding. As mrwho pointed out to another individual who also failed at this, the OP resolved the issue.

AirForce
05-11-2020, 05:06 PM
Hey guys I'm a little stupmed. I have a C360 with a doc feeder. Now either when scanning,faxing or just plain copying every now and then it will jam. After clearing the jam it will say "original left on glass". And no matter what the only way to clear it is by preforming a po/po. Now I've cleaned and replaced all sensors and made sure the magnet sits rite where it's suppose to. Doc feeder is aligned. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
What the solution to this problem? I have the same problem but it is happening all the time. Have replaced EVERYTHNIG except the BASE bd.

Phil B.
05-11-2020, 05:31 PM
What the solution to this problem? I have the same problem but it is happening all the time. Have replaced EVERYTHNIG except the BASE bd.

post #14 explains it.... i guess you missed that post.

this is a 9-10 yr old thread. Usually a thread that old is DEAD and we don't add any new comments to the thread. This is called " grave robbing/digging" .. normally you would get chewed out for this

Albonline
05-11-2020, 05:39 PM
post #14 explains it.... i guess you missed that post.

this is a 9-10 yr old thread. Usually a thread that old is DEAD and we don't add any new comments to the thread. This is called " grave robbing/digging" .. normally you would get chewed out for this

I think hes talking about a c360i also totally different system.

AirForce
05-11-2020, 05:48 PM
I'am sorry I'am new. I'll try to watch out next time.

Phil B.
05-11-2020, 05:49 PM

so technically he DID post in the wrong forum because he has an ( i ) unit.

and dug up a dead thread ...didn't read all comments in the thread
a very newbie move

thanks Albonline

tsbservice
05-11-2020, 06:31 PM
so technically he DID post in the wrong forum because he has an ( i ) unit.

and dug up a dead thread ...didn't read all comments in the thread
a very newbie move

thanks Albonline

Yep like Albonline also thinking it's i-machine.
On i-series there's FW anomaly that would cause this. Solution is to install newest FW.

Bix
05-13-2020, 10:56 AM

Don't waste your money! It happened to me often in the new iSeries.
You simply have to adjust the screw in the back. In this way the DF rises and does not remain in contact with the glass for a long time.

Also update the firmware.

EarthKmTech
05-16-2020, 03:58 AM
Original left on glass is a known issue on some C360i series.

The orignal glass scanning adjustments were not done correctly at the factory and the ccd is seeing the edge of the glass.

Its not all, its some. So probably one person on the production line was making mistakes.

After correct adjustments its no longer an issue.

(For the every single time occurance)

Custom Search