PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub C300 + FS-514 Finisher + MT-501 Mailbox

Custom Search

tobih
09-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Hi CopyTech Experts,

i have a problem with a Bizhub C300 and a FS-514 Finisher.

If the FS-514 is not connected, the C300 all works fine.

If i connect the FS-514, i sometimes (up to 6 times a day) get the error-code 11-83

I could reset the machine sometimes by opening and closing the front cover, sometimes
only by disconnecting the fs-514 and make a power-reset.

The only thing that looks strange to me, is the "loose" small white plastic between the two red rollers on the FS-514 Output. (see the attached photo). Is that the normal position ?

Any ideas ???

Greetings, Tobias

Stirton.M
09-14-2010, 07:32 PM
That is completely normal. It is meant to be loose and is only employed when ejecting bundled documents from the staple stacker.

However, I can plainly see from this photo that the tray unit is not level. That is sometimes a contributor to these codes. On the right side of the lower red roller, you can see a rib of the tray touching a black lever on the horizontal. On the left side, a similar rib on the tray is slightly below, indicating an imbalance.

I do not know if you are a technician or not, or where you are from so giving you information on several fix options my be beyond your means. I highly recommend you seek a service technician in your area to service this as the unit is quite complicated in how it works.

First of all, ensure that the trays are level. This will involve removing the front or back panel to gain access to the belts that raise and lower the trays, I recommend the back as it is easiest side to remove. Unplug the machine before removal of the panels. On the belt, there is a spring clip that pushes into the belt slightly. This adds tension to the belt. Carefully loosen the screw that holds the clip in, but do not remove it. The clip simply needs to loosen tension on the belt and this will allow you to gently nudge the tray up or down...in this case a little up. Be gentle, do not force, wiggle and giggle it to move one tooth on the belt, and then tighten the spring screw. Temporarily connect power and let the machine initialize. It should reset the home position of the tray.

Also, what might be a problem is if there is any damage to the pulleys on the bottom. These pulleys are held in place on the shaft via a pin through the shaft. Sometimes if there is too much stress, the pin can break the slot of the pulley it sits in and an imbalance can occur. Because of the design, it is not easy to see the damage without taking these apart. I do not recommend you do this if you are not a technician. This can be investigated later, but is of note since you will likely see where the belt goes.

Other fixes can be that the finisher is not level with the body. A dead giveaway is if you move the light gray unlock handle of the finisher to move it to the left (clearing a jam on the horizontal section for example) and the unit does not move easily or there is some resistance to the movement, either to the left or to the right. The finisher stand, there are typically 4 casters that the finisher rests on. Relative to looking at the machine from the front side, the two outside casters (the ones on the far left), should be raised. These are pretty straight forward. A half inch wrench can be used. Raise the left side upwards to push the vertical section in towards the machine. You will know you have went enough if the unit opens and closes without resistance.

Firmware is also a fix. Firmware should be at least J8, preferably K0.

The rest I am afraid, should only be done by a qualified technician. Of course, this includes updating the firmware. The additional areas to look and remedy involve sensors and sensor flags.

tobih
09-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Hi Mike,

thank you very much for your answer, i adjusted the tray by loosen the spring clip and now the tray is in level. I also adjusted the FS-514 on the ground and now it gets smoother in and out of the C300. After all it seems to work !!! I hope it will stay like this and no more error-code 11-83.

Thank you so much - your the best.:cool:

Greetings from Germany, Tobias

tobih
09-17-2010, 09:06 PM
One more question - is there a possibilty to upgrade the firmware by myself ?

ADF9J07-0024-G00-06-000 Finisher9J08-0071-G00-03-000 System Controller9J06-1000-G00-I8-000(00) Printer Controller9J06-3000-G00-43-000(00)

Stirton.M
09-18-2010, 12:36 AM
No. Firmware should only be done by a qualified service tech.

It involves special software to write a proprietary image and a CF Flash reader along with a very limited range of CF Card types that work, as not all makes and types work, and must be between 128 and 256MB.

You are one level under current (I8 is yours) of K0.

Custom Search