PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous CF 3102 toner cartridge not seating

Custom Search

digimax
09-14-2010, 10:01 PM
I am trying to replace the Cyan cartridge in my machine. After putting the new cartridge in then lifting the handle up, the machine does not recognize that the handle has been raised, and still displays, "replace Cyan Cartridge". Do I have a bad cartridge or another problem. I do not see or feel anything wrong or different with the machine than any othe location

rocky246
09-14-2010, 11:51 PM
Its been awhile since I've worked on those, but I've had to loosen the screw on the handle and push the handle to the right and retighten the screw. Behind the cover is a sensor that detects where the handle is. If the handle isn't lined up quite right, it doesn't know that you turned the handle all the way to the right. Like I typed, its been awhile, but Ithink this will help you.

mrwho
09-15-2010, 12:05 AM
If you put the old cartridge back and raise the handle, does the problem go away? If so, maybe that cartridge isn't for your machine - compare the two carefuly to check for differences.

If the problem persists with the old cartridge, heed rocky246's advise - I never had that problem, but it makes sense.

racefreak
09-17-2010, 03:40 AM
I've seen this several times back in the day. When you raise the lever, it opens a a "trap door" under the toner bottle opening thru way of a geared arm about 2-3 inches long. The gear on this arm does wear and sometimes break with age. It needs to be replaced. It can be adjusted temporarily.

Custom Search