PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub Pro C500 Blotching colour - Please Help Me

Custom Search

Glendini
09-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Hello,

I have a Bizhub Pro C500. I ran a large~ish job today (3000 prints) and during the job run all of the color started printing very blotchy. The machine was left to go into standby mode and when I woke it up, it gave a SC29-21 error. Not knowing what the error was, I cleaned all visible parts that had toner on them in the machine, including the fine little wire (Thingies) and emptied the waste toner out. It then booted up without any error but the print quality is very very bad on all colors. I have attached a scan of a print that I did, 100% C,M,Y & K. Link - SCAN (http://www.neoquartex.co.za/images/KM_Pro_C500_Blotchy_printing1.jpg)

Please could you explain to me step by step as I am not a Technician, but can follow your simple steps and explanations.

I have to finish this job today so it is very URGENT.

Thank you in advance,

Regards

jma676
09-15-2010, 08:55 PM
This is the fundamental problem of this machine, and I in particular decided to make various modifications to this machine.

But I'm not interested in commenting on this at the moment.

I can recommend that are correctly informed, the problem you are talking about, this is the deterioration of the toner in the Developing Unit, this is how you can see the result on the solid color, and the codes that say (SC29-21 ) in this case the problem is the unit Cyan, but will continue to alternate with other colors.

Make sure to set correctly the machine specific to their function. Automatic process control + automatic registration control.

If you want to fix this quickly and have no experience in this, I recommend: replace all developers and start a new cycle. or even better replacement kit 100K, 200K or just the supplies that have relation with the image.

If you want to get off the hook rapidamentey without replacing anything, you can use a toner refresh mode, this is not possible if you have a service call (SC), if so, must do this manually, with the test pattern density (255/Y- 255/M-255/C-100/K) be careful with 400%, it is dangerous for the fuser if using plain paper, so I recommend 350%.

Well I told you a lot, the rest must be strictly controlled recommend contact someone who can help, since this is not a simple problem.

Try to keep the Bizhub Pro C500 into a volume of More than 50K per month.

I would like to tell you this step by step, but ...... you know.

Glendini
09-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Hello jma, I just marked the toner bottles with a mark on the top as they lay. I then did 20 prints and rechecked their position, they had not turned at all, and the part with the spiral screw that feeds the toner to the imaging units are empty.

There is no toner going to the imaging units. Could this be the controler board that controls the bottles to turn that is blown or something like that? I am no expert, just trying to give as much info as I can, but the toner bottles are definitely not rotating. I have a spare machine for parts, I would just need to know what parts of the toner supply unit needs to be replaced.

Thank you once again and hope to hear from you soon again!

jma676
09-15-2010, 10:41 PM
No No No, do not confuse the real issue is not empty or low toner, I meant that the toner is deteriorated in the Developmet Unit together with the developer, because of the heat distribution during operation. This is Truth.That's why there Toner refresh method.
Toner Refresh is activated with the SW , that way you can see that method, in the utility mode.

While it seems to a problem of low toner density, it is not reality, and if so should be sure that it is so.

We therefore recommend that you contact an expert it is not easy, and there are several steps to verify.

Stirton.M
09-16-2010, 01:50 AM
jma676 is correct.

You should be contacting your nearest Konica Minolta service to have the machine serviced. Each developer unit contains a graphite like material that is mixed with a preset amount of toner. The graphite like material acts as a carrier for the toner. A magnetic roller that is in close proximity to the drum unit causes what is referred to as a brush, where this carrier literally stands on end and raises the toner attached to the carrier nearer to the drum. By process of electrostatic differential between the drum and the brush, toner is pulled onto the drum and the carrier is rolled back into the developer unit where fresh toner is again attached to the carrier to repeat the process. New toner is added only when the developer unit sensor (toner carrier ratio or TCR sensor) detects a low toner condition. You will not see any rotation of the toner bottles very often. They turn only when a sub-hopper unit detects a low level of toner in that hopper.

As for the wearing out...this carrier starts to break down by both toner adhering to the surface of the carrier particle, interfering with the magnetic properties of the particle. Gradual breakdown of this material by friction also happens. Both are completely normal.

As such, the developer in the units must be replaced every 200 thousand prints typically. Each unit must be replaced every 600 thousand prints typically.

Usually when the machine is due for a 200K PM, the transfer belt, rollers, drums, charge wire and developer are replaced with new items. The fuser upper and lower rollers are also replaced. These come as part of a kit. There is a lot involved here and this should not be done by an end user unless that end user has been fully trained for this purpose.

So as jma676 said, get a qualified tech in to inspect the machine. You may get away with just restarting the developer, but expect that the rest of the items are due. These can all be reviewed in the parts life counters.

jma676
09-16-2010, 02:01 AM
Doctor Stirton.M :cool:

jma676
09-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Well well, I just want to clarify something:

SCHEDULE SERVICE according to KM.

Developer DV510 --------------- 100K*
Drum Unit DU-101 -------------- 100K*
Charge Unit (Charging Corona) -100K*

*/C/M/Y/K/.

of course, This is relative, as mentioned earlier.

And... Stirton.M you know This: (73 Ave) ? Tell me.

jma676
09-17-2010, 08:06 AM
maybe should start here - a brief introduction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFybx32Mvkw

Custom Search