PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub C252 Touch Panel Doesn't Work?

Custom Search

mntech
09-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Any ideas on how to fix the touch panel for the bizhub c 252?

Customer said prior to service, the touch panel was off calibration by about an inch. Now the touch panel is not recognizing any touch at all. I've tried the panel calibration under accessibility-panel calibration, with now luck(start button wont light green after i touch all four marks).

I am not able to get into service mode from utility/counter, because i am unable to touch the details button in order to do the ole stop 00 stop 01. I am unable to do a trouble reset holding the utility button on start-up because i cannot press the reset trouble button on screen.

I've taken apart the display panel and have reset all connections and inspected the touch element, no signs of damage. Also all other physical buttons on the display panel work fine.

Any ideas? Will re-flashing the firmware help? or will i just have to replace the touch element?

Thanks in advance.
-MN TECH

rocky246
09-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Check the technical bulletins on KonicaMinolta's website. There was a bulletin about the touch screens going bad. This applies to several different models. It had something to do with glue going bad in the screens. If I remember right, they will replace it free of charge.

Stirton.M
09-16-2010, 02:19 AM
There is nothing on the TSB/TAD regarding free replacement of these panels, nor anything specific to the glue as mentioned.

There are two entries on the TSB/TAD that reference unresponsive touch pad, both entries are the same. Replace the panel. The entire panel is a single part number. The touch panel portion itself is identical to those found on earlier models like the C250 and C351. You can mix and match if you have a boneyard machine to pick from.

mo0651
09-16-2010, 02:35 PM
WOW! Why do you always come in with an attitude STIRTON.M. Try This Bulletin. TAUS0902331. Part number for panel is
9981000367FOC F.O.C. Stands for Free Of Charge. Contact your local KM rep for help.

mntech
09-16-2010, 02:57 PM
thanks mo0651,
do you have a link to that bulletin?

emujo
09-16-2010, 04:29 PM
FOC program applies only to KM dealers...Still need a auth km tech to go out and assess then order the "FOC" part. If no contract..good luck getting it for free. Emujo

dinkyoaf
09-16-2010, 09:42 PM
I am unable to find anything official from KM saying that this is a defective item (not to say I don't believe you). It clearly is; this issue is showing up everywhere. The real question is....how the heck do we go about getting replacements!? We are not an authorized dealer either so this will get difficult.

Stirton.M
09-17-2010, 01:53 AM
WOW! Why do you always come in with an attitude STIRTON.M. Try This Bulletin. TAUS0902331. Part number for panel is
9981000367FOC F.O.C. Stands for Free Of Charge. Contact your local KM rep for help.

What attitude? I did not see any reference to this on the master bulletin and search terms for this problem did not yield results. In fact, the TAU # you provided is not even in the active solutions page, which was last updated march 2009 for the C252. I proposed another avenue option based on personal opinion. There was no attitude.

If there is any attitude here, I would say you are the one with it. You could have simply stated the TAU and left it at that.

There is no one single answer to everything, even this problem, and everyone can offer a solution if they know one.

And emujo makes a valid point. End users do not have access to this program, so it would appear that this is a moot point.

Stirton.M
09-17-2010, 01:56 AM
I am unable to find anything official from KM saying that this is a defective item (not to say I don't believe you). It clearly is; this issue is showing up everywhere. The real question is....how the heck do we go about getting replacements!? We are not an authorized dealer either so this will get difficult.

As emujo stated, you will need to have an authorized service rep from KM to service the machine.

mntech
09-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Does anybody know where I can buy one of these touch plates? For a decent price?

dinkyoaf
09-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Decent price? No. Every vendor I have called is on back order at least 3 weeks. Cheapest I have found was $339.

Sharanman
10-07-2010, 09:37 AM
i still have the same problem after changing the screen, which only worked for 1 day. i am now thinking PWB M

Custom Search