PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7145 developer or toner supply

Custom Search

Jett
09-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Hi.

I have a problem with a Konica 7145 machine.
The developer was changed a few months ago (usage about 20000 pages).
All pages come out gray.
Tried giving L detect to see whats up, gives me 0006 instead of OK.
Tried changing toner density (from +2 to -2), without surprise pages came out even more grayish, but it won't change back the setting to +2 even after several minutes of adjusting.
While adjusting it gives weird clicking sound as if the gears would be slipping or broke.

Tomorrow I'll take apart the toner supply part, to see if I can find what is the cause of the sounds.

tech51
09-19-2010, 08:31 PM
The 0006 and the clicking sound is most likely to be a blocked toner recycle in the drum carriage. I would strip the carriage remove the drum, vac out the recycle and clean the sensor that looks at the drum. Re assemble the unit and try again.

Jett
09-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks, will give it a try tomorrow.

Jett
09-20-2010, 07:46 PM
OK, so I've taken the whole thing apart, down to the toner supply unit. Cleaned everything in sight.
Found one of the problems that is possibly the cause of the gray output: in the drum unit/toner recycling part the toner was hardened in chunks and half of the textile sealing stuff from the drum was there blocking the way... (WTF?)

When I put it back together, and try to copy I get 51-4, yet the developer motor looks like it works (47 mode tested).

Any ideas please ?

KM7155
09-23-2010, 12:48 PM
F51-4 is the developing problem. try to rotate the gear with the bare hand, it must be smooth moving, if u put much energy to rotate the gear, most probably is the developer spilled and stuck to the driving gear.

Custom Search