PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 601 - Insufficient Memory

Custom Search

joneze
09-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Hi all,

Customer said they were getting blank prints. Attempt to copy and machine doesnt even take paper through ADF it just says Job Deleted Due to Insufficient Memory. Memory on screen is at 100% formatted HDD, Initalized machine which didnt help. I am going to do firmware this aft but failing that has anyone else had a similar prob?

Thanks

copytechman
09-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Update firmware?

Regards!
A.

joneze
09-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah i am going to do that as i said in my post. What im after is any suggestions if firmware fails or maybe someone that has had this fault beofre.

copytechman
09-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Seen similar issues with a 501 (i know not the same but similar ui) turns out there is firmware fix for it on that series. There may be a similar fix for the 601 but its likely under special firmware (as opposed to regular stuff). Otherwise hdd issue? Memory issue?

Regards.
A.

joneze
09-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Firmware not helped. When scanning to userbox does this use the 1GB ram or not reason i ask is that i can save to the userbox and print from userbox without any probs. All demo pages print without any probs what so ever where are these held? Printing from PC produces blank copies. I am thinking the ram is dead but does this get used for scanning to userbox cause if this is the case then it surely cannot be the ram.

joneze
09-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Does anyone know the part No for the 1GB memory on this machine. I have checked parts manual but cannot find it.

Cheers

Downunder
09-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Hi joneze

Have/had similar challenge on biz751, new 10,000 copies on the clock. No hard drive though. Client scanning to email. After a bunch of scans "job deleted due to insufficient memory".
We reflashed the firmware, up to version 20. Lasted a day or two. We wiped the flash card and copied info from another 751, again lasted for a day or two. The client had another 751 a bit older next to the new one, no troubles on this one, the only difference between the two, (after comparing management lists was the version of firmware. So, we put brand new flash card into the copier and put version 18 back on. So far it has been a week and no recall. Hopefully there is a bug in version 20. If this doesnt work our next step was to put a hard drive on ...Hope this helps somewhat.

aesthetics1
09-22-2010, 04:29 PM
This almost always means your hard drive is full! Slap another hard drive into the machine to test. If this client needs the space (you mentioned User Boxes) You may want to look at installing a third party drive with a higher capacity.

joneze
09-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Hard Drive has been formatted and there is no issue when scanning directly to user boxes. Its only when copying do you get the message. Today the RAM was off the machine for about 3 hours when put back on the machine worked again i did 200+ copies. Rebuilt the machine asked someone to print which never came through nor did the machine if show a print job i then tired to copy and fault is back. It must be a coicidence that the print job didnt come through i dont see how sending a print job would cause this. I have however un-installed HDD removed print controller chip and still fault is there but i cannot seem to find a part No for the memory. Is the memory in a Bizhub 600 the same? Cause i can swap one from that for testing if it is.

Thanks

aesthetics1
09-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Have you done:

Memory/Data Clears?
Memory Checks?

I recommend disabling the network option temporarily if your problem is isolated to copying.

joneze
09-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Done all memory checks they come back OK although they do seem to check to fast. On other models a details check can take 5-10mins this display "OK" in less than a second. I have disabled network for now and problem is still there.

Cheers

aesthetics1
09-22-2010, 05:56 PM
How about a data clear? You can back up all of the information in the device through the web interface (Pagescope Light) and try this out. If it fails to fix the problem you can simply import the data again.

Otherwise I would suggest that the memory module may be bad as you suspect.

joneze
09-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Yeah done data clear on all the options. Still not helped. Now all i need to do is find a part No for the module which is proving very hard.

Thanks

joneze
09-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Further testing on this and it the problem is only isolated to the large a4 tray (tray 1). The machine happily copies from all other trays. We believe this now to be the MFP board will let you know if it solves it.

Custom Search