PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Paper size does not accord - ColorForce 8050

Custom Search

brianfarris
09-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Whenever we try to print a document to our ColorForce 8050, we get this error message that says "Paper size does not accord: Stop JOB and change tray setting in printer driver or select another tray on the machine to output forcibly"

When we get this error, we have to select a tray on the machine, like tray one and hit start and it prints.

All the paper in our trays is letter size. When printing, the paper size is set to letter. I've looked in the Fiery Printing tab under printing preferences and it's set to letter.

Under the Advanced options, Paper size is set to letter. I've gone into the Command Workstation to see if a setting was wrong on my Fiery print controller and can't find anything.

What else do I need to check?

impimp329
09-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Here goes: Is the document set to print in 8.5x11R or standard 8.5x11?. Make sure your tray settings on your display correspond to the setting in the work station.

brianfarris
09-21-2010, 06:19 PM
See that's what I thought, so I changed tray 2 to 8.5x11R and it didn't make a difference.

Also, when I get the error and choose the 8.5x11R tray, it prints in the wrong orientation and cuts off the bottom of the page, so I know it's trying to print as a standard 8x11 page.

Stirton.M
09-21-2010, 11:45 PM
It might be corruption in the fiery software settings, or an incompatible driver. The driver version must match the system version of the fiery. The system code version should be shown on the config page, and the driver version will be shown in the "about" tab within the driver itself.

To eliminate the driver, download the driver that is found on the fiery itself. You can access this through the web interface.

You may require a patch update to the fiery. Ensure all available patches have been applied. Also, ensure convert paper size is enabled.

If you can, scan a copy of the config page for me to review what is set there.

Failing that, print out the config page and then do a factory reset command on the fiery....it will force the fiery to delete any user data and settings and revert back to factory defaults. Printing out the config sheet before hand will allow you to re-program the settings as you need them.

brianfarris
09-22-2010, 01:15 PM
I went into the config settings for the Fiery server and under PS Setup I changed Convert Paper Sizes from "No" to "A4/A3->Letter/Tabloid" and that seems to have done the trick.

Thanks!

Custom Search