PDA

View Full Version : Electrical C5501 - Turns off after printjob

Custom Search

mrwho
09-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Hello there, guys and girls!

Brand new C5501, just finished installing it. When taking out first test page, showed "Close Finisher Door" on the screen and then turned itself off. I disconnected the finisher to see if it was related, but it now just turns off at the end of a printjob without showing the message.

I'm just short of installing the firmware, but if there are any tips, send them this way.

Don't know if it is related, but I also noticed the power light at the right of the TFT doesn't turn on.

Cheers!

mrwho
09-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Found it.

First of all, the power light wasn't turning on because the LCD connector was not fully inserted.

Second, the "turns off after a printjob" was because the auto shut-off comes from the factory at 0 minutes.

I didn't realise it sooner because, like the power light, the powersave light was also not turning on.

The "close finisher door" message is still a mistery to me, though.

Thanks for your time reading this.

Cheers!

Cantechman
09-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Good job....

Mr Spock
09-21-2010, 11:28 PM
I believe some of the finishers are the same as the 1050 family and if so they need to be flashed to work with the 6500 family.

Stirton.M
09-22-2010, 12:02 AM
I believe some of the finishers are the same as the 1050 family and if so they need to be flashed to work with the 6500 family.

Yup.

jma676
09-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Found it.

First of all, the power light wasn't turning on because the LCD connector was not fully inserted.

Second, the "turns off after a printjob" was because the auto shut-off comes from the factory at 0 minutes.

I didn't realise it sooner because, like the power light, the powersave light was also not turning on.

The "close finisher door" message is still a mistery to me, though.

Thanks for your time reading this.

Cheers!

FS...? -- Beware!!!

jma676
09-22-2010, 01:47 PM

Be Careful!!!!

If this is the case (FS503), you need to configure, SW + CN jumper, and then Flash If it proved necessary.

Check the FS manual section.

Custom Search