PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c450 Hard Drive location?

Custom Search

XTopherVersion2
09-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Hello all,

At my wits end and thought I'd try here since the community seems so knowledgeable. I've got a client who needs their Bizhub c450 drive triple wiped. I went out, expecting to be able to locate and remove the drive easily. After 45 minutes of removing panels on the printer, looking through manuals and scouring the internet, I haven't been able to locate the drive successfully. None of the manuals or user guides told me how to physically remove the drive.

Can anyone here offer assistance? I don't need a map, but even a general idea of where to look would be fantastic. Thanks so much.

joneze
09-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Hard drive on this machine is mounted on mfp board(on back of machine) installed on its own metal housing. You cant really miss it to be honest just take back covers off and you should see it.

Regards
M

XTopherVersion2
09-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Gosh, I must have looked right at it. We did see a unit with metal housing, but the plastic covering it extended far beyond what your conventional hard drive would.

Any diagrams I can look at, to be sure? The manuals, as mentioned, were less than helpful.

RRodgers
09-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Gosh, I must have looked right at it. We did see a unit with metal housing, but the plastic covering it extended far beyond what your conventional hard drive would.

Any diagrams I can look at, to be sure? The manuals, as mentioned, were less than helpful.

It comes out real easy.
The ride side of the machine, berhind were you would open it up to take a jam out is the location. All the boards, memory, fax and HD slide out as one unit.
Remove the cover anf then the screws (about 4 or 5 if I remember right)

joneze
09-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Take a look at this

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2483/c450.jpg

Hope this Helps

emujo
09-22-2010, 08:22 PM
The MFP comes with built in software to sanitize the drive, EAL3 I believe...if it's good enough for uncle sam, why go through the hassel of removing and replacing the HDD?

XTopherVersion2
09-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the help guys.

With some exploring a collegue and I managed to extract it. In regards to why we would, I do what I'm told. :)

Much appreciated!

Custom Search