PDA

View Full Version : c450 banner printing error

Custom Search

jasonofx
09-23-2010, 05:17 PM
I can print a banner with some text on it just fine. But when we try to print a full color banner, i get "The job has been deleted. Not enough remaining memory." There is 512mb printer memory, the powerpoint file is only 117kb, and the print job only spools up to 350kb. Any ideas/comments/suggestions?

joneze
09-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Make sure HDD is "Installed" in service mode.

jasonofx
09-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Checked that. It's there.

joneze
09-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Try formatting it. Is it used for userboxes? What happens if you try and print A3 colour images. Try a large scan job see if you get the same error.

jasonofx
09-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Formatting the HD did not fix the issue. Will try to print some 8 1/2 x 11 color images (no A3 here), and will try a large scan job as well.

Konica_jr
09-23-2010, 08:45 PM
did you have try to print a banner from konica-minolta, .pdf file ?

BlueBlazer
09-23-2010, 08:48 PM
What driver are you using?

Does it have a fiery controller on it?

jasonofx
09-23-2010, 10:34 PM
It does not have a Fiery on it, and i am using the latest PS and PCL drivers from KM. I just got some memory from a parts machine we have at our shop, i am going to try switching out the memory when i go back, probably next Mon. or Tues. I'll re-post my findings!

Stirton.M
09-24-2010, 09:06 AM
If the file you are trying to print is a PDF, send it to the printer using "print as image" checked in the "advanced" button on the very first dialog when you go to print.

BlueBlazer
09-24-2010, 04:03 PM
If the file you are trying to print is a PDF, send it to the printer using "print as image" checked in the "advanced" button on the very first dialog when you go to print.

Seconded

*Edit NVM you already did that...

jasonofx
09-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Turns out we did not have the right memory. When my service tech gets the right memory in his hand, this Thurs. or Fri., i will go back after he switches it out to test it again.

Stirton.M
09-29-2010, 11:28 PM
???

Not the right memory?

If that was so, the machine would not operate at all and would toss out a memory related error code right from the get go.

And something I missed earlier....

this is a power point file. That is 99.9% of your problem right there.

Power point files were NEVER meant to be printed, they were meant to be viewed on a monitor.

save the file to a PDF (or print to PDF if you have a PDF printer). Then as recommended by me earlier, print the pdf to banner but set the "print as image" option within the "advanced" button on the first print dialog. The print as image choice greatly reduces the byte count, flattening the contents and rasterizing it before it gets spooled to the printer. Let the PC do the work...will greatly speed up the performance as well.

jasonofx
09-30-2010, 12:45 AM
???

Not the right memory?

If that was so, the machine would not operate at all and would toss out a memory related error code right from the get go.

And something I missed earlier....

this is a power point file. That is 99.9% of your problem right there.

Power point files were NEVER meant to be printed, they were meant to be viewed on a monitor.

save the file to a PDF (or print to PDF if you have a PDF printer). Then as recommended by me earlier, print the pdf to banner but set the "print as image" option within the "advanced" button on the first print dialog. The print as image choice greatly reduces the byte count, flattening the contents and rasterizing it before it gets spooled to the printer. Let the PC do the work...will greatly speed up the performance as well.

Not the right Replacement memory, sorry not to clarify. We create banners in PowerPoint all day long on KM machines without a hiccup ever, took this one to a different KM machine and the banner printed INSTANTLY, that's one reason why we think this particular machine has a memory issue. I also converted this banner to PDF and did "print as image" and it still gave the memory error, the file is smaller than 200Kb.

Stirton.M
09-30-2010, 12:50 AM
Different KM machine? Same model or different model?

I'll tend to agree it could be bad memory module....

jasonofx
10-06-2010, 01:28 PM
-SOLVED- One of our service techs replaced the print memory module, and that did not fix the issue. Turned out he had to re-do the firmware and re-install the print driver, and that fixed the issue! Just glad it's fixed.

Stirton.M
10-07-2010, 10:19 AM
good that you got it solved.

Go figure....usually I hit firmware first for issues...but this did not seem like a firmware related problem at first glance.

Custom Search