PDA

View Full Version : C361 Will not Fax

Custom Search

iamthecage
09-23-2010, 06:45 PM
I have a 361 with a Fax option installed that will not even give the option to fax. You push the Scan/Fax button, and it just gives options for regular scanning (no Off-Hook button or faxing). The fax is working fine. You can even get to its settings in the service mode and administrator mode. Yet, it acts like there is no fax installed. I've even changed out the fax board itself. The fax is turned on and marketing area set to US.

Why would the option to fax not show up on the Fax/Scan screen? I feel like its just a setting somewhere thats been played with. Is there any way to just reset this machine back to factory as well?

Edit: Also, ignore the C in the model I typed in. I dont know why I put that there. Its just a bizhub 361

RRodgers
09-23-2010, 07:28 PM
I have a 361 with a Fax option installed that will not even give the option to fax. You push the Scan/Fax button, and it just gives options for regular scanning (no Off-Hook button or faxing). The fax is working fine. You can even get to its settings in the service mode and administrator mode. Yet, it acts like there is no fax installed. I've even changed out the fax board itself. The fax is turned on and marketing area set to US.

Why would the option to fax not show up on the Fax/Scan screen? I feel like its just a setting somewhere thats been played with. Is there any way to just reset this machine back to factory as well?

Edit: Also, ignore the C in the model I typed in. I dont know why I put that there. Its just a bizhub 361

Flash it?

iamthecage
09-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Will try flashing. I'm afraid its a soft switch or something odd that a previous technician has done.

Is there a complete factory reset on this machine?

mo0651
09-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Did you set the fax board? Is there a HDD on your machine? Reformat. Hdd has a major effect on fax on this model.

iamthecage
09-23-2010, 08:17 PM
no hdd

Mr Spock
09-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Did you initialize the boards after turning on the fax option??? Did you try the direct address button and see if it comes up that way? Can you program a one touch to fax and see if that works?

Stirton.M
09-24-2010, 08:59 AM
May sound stupid, but carefully review the setup instructions for this fax unit, MK-720 setup instructions. Something was missed.

Ensure you are using the correct slot and that SW2 on the board is indeed set to Line 1. Incidently, there IS a hard drive with this model line. The hard drive is hidden behind the fax board interface card inside a metal enclosure.

copytechman
09-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Interesting, my understanding is/was that hdd is an add-on for this model, I've had the main board out of several and have never seen a pre-installed hdd. Hiding over top of the printer/image board? I've have to check that out.. I do know that the main board runs off a compact flash card (partly formatted to vxworks no less according to my guesswork anyway). Regarding fax, is the option indeed set? With a fax with a single line I'd check that the line selection is correct, it can only be mounted 1 way (for a single line) in the mk708 or u'd be getting cb003 codes after enabling it in service mode as far as I can remember. Hope some of this helps! According to my books this machine doesnt use the mk-720, thats for the C360 series colour machines, a very different kind of setup the only common part being the fax board fk-502.
Regards
A.

KM7155
09-24-2010, 01:31 PM
have u enable the fax option in techrep mode, system2>option, check whether the fax board is set to INSTALLED.

iamthecage
09-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Problem was finally resolved.

I've never seen it before, but someone had not only cut off the fax in "Trouble Isolation" mode, but there is an Administrator setting in the security options to dis-allow the ability to fax. That's apparently why the Fax buttons weren't even showing up. Whomever had been out before me had apparently also managed to cut off the ability for the machine to scan to FTP, as well.

Never seen that one before.

copytechman
09-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Cool, good to know!

Regards!
A.

Stirton.M
09-25-2010, 02:48 AM
Sorry, my mistake. I saw that you were talking about a C361, but for some reason I was thinking C360....the hard disk is an option according to the spec sheets. I was under the impression that all KM MFPs had the HDD as standard, not an option. It kinda cripples the features without one. But at least you were able to resolve the disabled issue...

Custom Search