PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine cn3102e fiery controller detail not shown

Custom Search

siraj
09-26-2010, 03:46 PM
my Fiery CN3102e is not working.
only i see is that CPU fan is fine and Chassis fan and Power LED also.
tell me what to do.
one thing CPU is not getting warm when turning power ON. its temp is normal as its not working.
what could be the problem? does anyone had that problem.
the rest of the machine is fine Except Fiery Controller.
i've check the RAM, cables everything for basic troubleshooting.
please Help

JSC
09-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Sounds like the hard drive has gone down, Its quite a common fault with these old boys, if it has you will have to reload the system software as well.

jonhiker
09-27-2010, 12:33 AM
hdd x2. even though the fans are turning on., something on the motherboard may have gone bad

siraj
09-27-2010, 10:32 AM
hdd x2. even though the fans are turning on., something on the motherboard may have gone bad

if the HDD is ok, can i buy only the board seprately?

siraj
09-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Sounds like the hard drive has gone down, Its quite a common fault with these old boys, if it has you will have to reload the system software as well.

well i removed the drive and checked it with disk management software it shows Ext2 format of the drive. it has many partitions, they report NO ERROR. suppose its faulty...and i buy new HDD, do i have to make the partition before or the installation of system software will do it? the partitioning is not mentioned in Installation guide.

where could i find the System Software CD?
i know the steps to install it.

any 3.5'' HDD could be installed? i mean IDE

Stirton.M
09-28-2010, 03:14 AM
Odds are high that the fiery software has been corrupted. It is very common on these machines. In some cases, simply doing a server clear command through the interface is enough to fix problems, though you are forced to reconfigure the settings, but relative to the other option of reinstalling system code, it is painless.

this link I found in google should help you out a little...it is the service manual, it will at least steer you in the right direction....

http://www.feedroller.com/Store/Service%20Manual/3102Service_Guide.pdf

However, to obtain system code, if you need it, you will have to contact your nearest KM service rep...or contact Konica Minolta service online for further assistance in fixing this problem, though truth be told, you will have fun...since the machine is no longer supported officially by KM. Few here will provide the code online...

siraj
09-28-2010, 08:06 AM
just want to THANK YOU to all of you guys for helping me.:o
i appriciate that, Thanks.

my problem still persist, anyway, iwas losing my customers so i bought a another Fiery Controller for 15,000 PKR. its just fine, used but ok to keep my workflow on.
i couldn't find KM rep. here who can fix it, actually there is no KM rep. here. we have people who just set complete Fiery system up. no internal Fiery's services

Custom Search