PDA

View Full Version : ME or ME2 Fans?

Custom Search

prntrfxr
09-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Anybody play Mass Effect or Mass Effect 2? I am completely addicted.

AlvinBrown
10-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Mass Effect 2 addict too. Want tips??? Just PM me!

TonerMunkeh
10-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Borrowed Mass Effect off a mate last week. It got switched off after about 17 minutes. Long live Halo!!!!

bojans
10-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Good game
I didn't like it if first minutes, but got addicted too. I played it year ago so I'm not sure if it was ME2...

AlvinBrown
10-09-2010, 01:13 AM
HALO??? Kid stuff!

prntrfxr
11-15-2010, 05:00 PM
ME 1 is not as good, but playing it first and then importing the character to ME 2 makes the story better. It's not that the game play is better, definitely is not the graphics, it is the story that you get involved in. It is a thinking persons action game, because there is plenty of action with actual challenge to it (currently playing it on insanity), but it's like a movie that you get to interact with. You have moral decisions with consequences that can make your character and team members get killed in the end if you don't do it right. If you are a sci-fi buff and like story not just a shooter, you will like it. If you like juvenile games where you just shoot and kill bosses, play a different game.

salt2011
01-28-2011, 06:06 AM
:)
Mass Effect 2 was good for me.

prntrfxr
02-08-2011, 01:21 PM
I've also been playing Fallout3 lately. I like the game better for the amount of weapons you can select from, but the ME2 story is awesome.

ME2 drags you into the game and you feel as if you're really a part of it. I tried to play as a bad character, but I actually began to feel sorry for the characters I interacted with and went back to being good. LOL. Never had a game do that to me before. For example, the DLC for Zaeed. You have a choice, either save the people at the refinery (building on fire) or choose the renegade option and go after Zaeed's nemesis. I thought I'd be bad, so I chose to let Zaeed have his revenge. The people in the refinery burned to death and the whole time you are going through the building you can hear them scream. At the end, it's real quiet because they're all dead and you really feel that you let them die. I felt so horrible afterward, I had to reload that part and save them. Can't wait for ME3.

prntrfxr
05-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Anyone play ME3 lately?

Obetech
05-11-2012, 04:57 AM
Been playing ME3.

the story is not to bad I had imported character from ME2 so the story sort of flows from decisions made in ME2.

Had to stop playing for a bit the final fights where starting to get to me. I HATE BANSHEE'S.

prntrfxr
05-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah...that scream kills me. The funny thing is when you play multi-player and there's a Banshee, you will see some teammates run away and some run up to it. Either way it's not going to be good. Multi-player is cool because eventually they unlock the aliens and you can play something different than human, plus they have guns you can't get in the game. I'll send you my email address via private message so you can play some evening on multiplayer with me. They all move different and do different things. I'm playing the game second time around now. This time on insanity with a infiltrator. I was thinking I chose the wrong thing, but I changed the special power to energy drain. That takes the barrier down on a Banshee really fast. Just don't let her get too close or it's all over. I think I have a harder time with the Brutes. Their heads are hung low and it's hard to get a headshot. Multiplayer affects your game too. You will have conversations open and your overall readiness goes up. The ending is crappy, but EA promised to make a fix to change it.

Obetech
05-15-2012, 06:56 AM
sounds like a plan only problem is the time difference between Maine and Kalgoorlie, you are 12 hours behind me :(

maybe able to catch up on a weekend sometime

prntrfxr
05-15-2012, 01:03 PM
That's what I realized. Check your PM's. Saturday is probably the only day

Obetech
05-17-2012, 05:58 AM
Sorry Prntrfxr, no message :(.
just start on Diablo 3, yes i know i need a life lol, however it is a good way to relax from work and working on vintage cars :)

prntrfxr
05-17-2012, 01:44 PM
I didn't realize I had to empty the "sent items" folder, not just the inbox. Fixed it, so you should get the PM now. Sorry it was so long, I really do talk too much.

prntrfxr
12-18-2012, 01:40 PM
A true gamer does not spam. Get lost, Shoe Party!

Aneurysm
12-20-2012, 01:30 AM
A true gamer does not spam. Get lost, Shoe Party!

No need to get lost, He's been banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GeromyPower
12-21-2012, 06:36 AM
I also play ME 3. I think it’s superb.

jmaister
12-29-2012, 04:47 AM
So tired these days, tired or lacking enthusiasm to play, end up watching boss fight and ending on this series.

Pretty epic.

prntrfxr
12-31-2012, 04:06 PM
Boss fight/ending on ME3 is improved, but still crappy in my opinion. Most people only play the single player once or twice and then whenever there is new story dlc. Everyone plays the multiplayer part of the game, which was not present in ME or ME2.

ME3 has multiplayer where you co-op with 3 friends. They have instituted a new system of challenges and rewards which makes it impossible to stop playing. There are so many characters to choose from and like the single player you can build the skill tree of each one many many different ways. There are right and wrong ways to build. Each character/species has its own strengths and weaknesses. They have also added new equipment, mods, and weapons. There are now 4 enemy species each with a variety of different classes, and 4 skill levels (Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum difficulty). Platinum is with all species at the same time. You have 11 waves, there are different team missions and goals to accomplish in every wave. There's also a skill in getting your team balanced. If you have too many squishy characters, it gets very challenging to have a full extraction.

Reasons I play: Every time you play it is a different game, you control so much of what or how your character plays since you build them, and you have interaction with real team mates from around the world.

The downside is every time they fix something in the game they mess up something else. Game play issues are common, but that's EA for you.

Phrag
06-20-2013, 04:38 AM
I played through ME 1, 2 and 3, but got to certain parts that I couldn't live with myself doing, so I replayed again and again, but got the same outcome. I ended up starting a new character from ME 1 100% paragon.

The ending for ME3 moved me to tears. I guess I got attached to all the characters.

Custom Search