PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Di470 C0042 Imagistics IM4720

Custom Search

Jaws
09-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Have an error code of C0042. Fuser fan motor failure. But, the motor is clearly working. Also was getting a C0510 error. Fuser temp abnormally low. But, the bulbs are on and stay on until something clicks and turns machine off. Maybe the temp is getting to high? Anybody have any suggestions. Also, I cleaned the thermostat which has continuity. And I cleaned the 3 thermistors. Have to keep resetting it to make it warm up, but then I guess it gets too hot and shuts down.

brent
09-28-2010, 06:00 AM
by chance does the machine just shut off. with no warning? or does it always code out? I would start at replacing both thermistors and the middle thermostat.
I basically change them out at every rebuild.

brent

eg101
09-28-2010, 02:05 PM
You can get a C0042 code because the motor is running slow. The code doesn't mean it's not running at all.
Also, if you change any thermistors, change all of them.

Jaws
09-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Just shuts down while trying to warm up. No error message until I turn it back on. Thermisitor were coated with thick toner. Maybe while cleaning them I damaged one. Wish there was a way to check them before replaing them. Should I see the temp go up and down in tech mode. It always seems to be the same when I look right before it shuts down. Upper 255 c Lower 219 c

brent
09-28-2010, 06:39 PM
just replace the 2 thermistors and the middle round thermostat. or if you want to try it out yourself. warm the machine up. then leave a cover open. it will not shut the machine down. or it won't just turn off it is only when it is warming up. or in some cases the machine will be on all day. or what ever and it will just all of the sudden shut off. unlike the di 450 550 this has 2 thermistors that just can not be cleaned. when you clean em. you brake them. I would not think twice about it. replace them. start there.

brent

Jaws
09-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Sounds like a good plan. Going to change thermistors. Thanks for all the input.

brent
09-29-2010, 01:40 AM
be reminded that the thermistors are different part numbers. one has a black connector and one is blue.

brent

Downunder
09-30-2010, 10:37 AM
There was a firmware fix for this fault. After doing this my fault never came back, I had this on three DI470. No problems after firmware upgrade. Unplug the finisher and base unit before doing upgrade though.

Custom Search