PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Bh420 blue screen!!

Custom Search

krazeekidz3
09-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Last week the customer called me because the control panel wouldn't come to ready. By the time I arrived it was up and running. I turn off the main power and when I turned it back on, it took quite a bit of time before it came to ready. It stayed blue. No hour glass. Nothing. Then after a few minutes it came to ready.
Today the machine will not come to ready at all. It does nothing except display a blue screen. I hear an exaust fan but NOTHING else.
Does this sound like a control panel problem or a controller board problem??
Anyone have this experience??
Thanks!!!

copytechman
09-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Could be MFP board or nvram, or hdd (less likely if equipped), or firmware corruption on mfp board.

Regards!

A.

marco1508
09-30-2010, 03:46 AM
the flash memory is damage, you need change or also, copy the data of another copier, mean a backup and restore, but do not format the flash memory because it damage, it fix the copier, I can get this software in konica, say me if you want, ensamblerman@gmail.com

TheOwl
09-30-2010, 04:36 AM
This can be related to corrupt firmware on the machine and has been known to happen from time to time.

Every machine that I have had to fix with this issue has been resolved by bringing the firmware version back to a certain version and then upgrading to another version once the machine has fired up correctly. There should be tech bulletins on the Konica Minolta site regarding this and won't be hard to find at all if you are a certified Konica Minotla dealer.

Downunder
09-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Need to redo the firmware.

aleksander
10-01-2010, 04:05 AM
try to rewrite the firmware. if it still doesn't work, try to replace the PRCB or the NVRAM.

krazeekidz3
10-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the info. I swapped out the NVRAM as well as tried to reinstall the firmware with no luck! I now have the OACB on order. I took the customer a loaner so that I can mess with their machine in the shop!! The one thing that I hadn't tried was to install older firmware and bring it back to current. Since it's here, I might as well give it a shot. I'll let ya know how that works!!
Thanks!!
Oh yeah, also according to the KMBS website, I should be using a parallel cable. My computer doesn't even have a parallel port. Anyone ever done this with a USB?

KonMan
10-02-2010, 07:21 PM
I believe it says parallel cable is NOT recommended. I always do this bu USB, using Ihe ISW program. You need to make sure your boot rom is above version 2 before you can update to anything past 15. Instructions on this procedure are located in the read me file of the firmware download.

Custom Search