PDA

View Full Version : 0x0000999A - Konica 362 keeps aborting and connection keeps dropping

Custom Search

sophy
09-30-2010, 12:22 AM
I have a question, i'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my Konica 362 copier. the 0x0000999a code abort message keeps showing up every few minutes when the copier is connected to the network cable. The power would abort and power off and on within a minute. It happens constantly, every 3 minutes or so. It's very frustrating. When the copier is not connected to the network cable it seems to be fine (but i never stood more than 30 minutes looking at the copier). The konica tech has upgraded the firmware, change the circuit board, and the memory card but it still does the same thing. between him and the copier engineer, they said someone in the building has a corrupt file on their computer and it's causing that. my network service folks has checked the network connection and it's clean. The tech said that he needs to go to everyone's computer and see if they have a corrupt file. We have hundreds of people using that copier...also how would he even know if they have a corrupt file? it doesn't make sense to me. Anyone have this problem before? thanks.

Stirton.M
09-30-2010, 02:29 AM
What the tech did was what I found on our tech support page....update the firmware to 62 or higher, change the MFBS or clean the contacts of the memory.

I doubt it is a corrupted file, otherwise the machine would simply lock up and you would see the file in the print queue from the individual directly.

The TAD solution also mentions setting the machine to DHCP and let it acquire an IP address. It is very possible that there may be a conflict with another device on the network when using a fixed IP. A fixed IP is the preferred way to set up a printer on the network, however, it is not the only way.

Set the machine to use DHCP as mentioned. And see if the machine throws the error code as previously mentioned. If no code or failure, it is not the machine that is failing.

Some things to investigate....

With the copier disconnected, ping the IP address assigned to the copier to see if you get a return response. If you do, another machine (computer or copier) is using the address. If there is no ping response, move on to the next step.

Use a port analyzer to verify the correct pinout and polarity of the Cat5 from the patch panel to the wall port. Sometimes this simple little thing can make or break any network connection. Correct as necessary. Any IT worth his salt will have one of these "must have" tools.

Most networks that involve many computers...more than 20 for example, use patch panels and large switches, connected to a DHCP device or server. Check the connection made available to the copier and re-route the patch panel to a different physical port.

So for example, if I had a wall outlet called A1 for the copier, at the patch panel, I will have one Cat5 connection port labeled A1, which I have a small 2 foot Cat5 cable connected to that port and the other end into a port on a switch or router. Simply move the connection to another port on that switch or router, if available and see if the problem persists when the copier is set at the fixed IP address you have assigned it.

In some cases, the router or switch itself could be the problem. Placing a different switch or router in this place may correct the problem.

Finally, if everything does check out as ok on the network side, the last option is to simply set the machine to use DHCP instead of a fixed IP and have the DHCP device or server provide a reserved IP for the copier based on its MAC address. Be sure to use an IP address that is available and well outside the range of any of the other computers or devices that share the same network. This way, no matter what, the copier will use a fixed IP address but under the DHCP protocols. The print driver (preferably server side share) can then have the port address adjusted accordingly.

And just as an aside, ensure that the port address is configured correctly within the driver and that the correct driver is being used on ALL client machines. If the wrong driver is used, there is no guarantee that you will get good results.

Mr Spock
09-30-2010, 02:45 AM
I was going to suggest a 50' cable and use a different wall jack to rule that out. If it works on the new jack then something in the current jack to switch wiring is bad.

pepper38_cnd
10-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Set the nic on the copier to 100M and if they have a 1 Gig programmable switch set the port that the copier is connected to to 100M as well. If the switch is not programmable put a cheap 10/100M switch right at the 362 between the machine and the wall jack.

bashboosh
09-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Hi Sophy,
Sorry to reply to this old post. I am having the same issue in my bizhub. Error code 0x0000999A and restarts itself. it happens randomly. Updated the firmware but no luck. Could you get it solved? Please share if you could solve it.

In the clients' port settings, i have disabled LPR and enabled the RAW, now since 30 minutes the printer not restarting. I dont know it would solve or not. However i appreciate your response.

Thanks and regards

I have a question, i'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my Konica 362 copier. the 0x0000999a code abort message keeps showing up every few minutes when the copier is connected to the network cable. The power would abort and power off and on within a minute. It happens constantly, every 3 minutes or so. It's very frustrating. When the copier is not connected to the network cable it seems to be fine (but i never stood more than 30 minutes looking at the copier). The konica tech has upgraded the firmware, change the circuit board, and the memory card but it still does the same thing. between him and the copier engineer, they said someone in the building has a corrupt file on their computer and it's causing that. my network service folks has checked the network connection and it's clean. The tech said that he needs to go to everyone's computer and see if they have a corrupt file. We have hundreds of people using that copier...also how would he even know if they have a corrupt file? it doesn't make sense to me. Anyone have this problem before? thanks.

907tec
10-01-2012, 06:38 PM
A corrupted print job can definitely cause this, too. I have a 222 in my front office that will do exactly this when it receives a corrupted print job, usually from a Google app. There are a few tech bulletins mentioning Google Maps having issues, but I have also experienced it from Gmail and Google Drive.

With that being said, I would start with trying all of the solutions mentioned above, first. Much quicker to try all of those than it is to clear print queues on each individual computer.

kon
10-02-2012, 01:16 AM
SLP and SNMP are enabled.
Disable SLP and SNMP by entering PageScope Web Connection as administrator and selecting the Network tab. Disable the setting for SLP and then
SNMP.
Uncheck snmp from print driver.

. Printing PDFs from Google Chrome PDF viewer or printing Google Maps from its print view.
Please load special firmware version H3U-80 for bizhub 200/250/350 or version
H12-08 for bizhub 222/282/362 .

ivovb
08-11-2014, 08:59 PM
A corrupted print job can definitely cause this, too. I have a 222 in my front office that will do exactly this when it receives a corrupted print job, usually from a Google app. There are a few tech bulletins mentioning Google Maps having issues, but I have also experienced it from Gmail and Google Drive.

With that being said, I would start with trying all of the solutions mentioned above, first. Much quicker to try all of those than it is to clear print queues on each individual computer.

Today this was my case - a pdf file obviously not supported by "old" machine or simply not good enough software for making pdf files. Anyway clearing print job opens machines for new ones.

BR

Custom Search