PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C350 Losing One Touch Email Address

Custom Search

mrfuser
10-05-2010, 12:16 AM
Okay, we input all the email addresses for the client as one touch buttons for them. We go away and in about a week or so they start disappearing! Any idea? Is this a client lying about deleting them or is it possible for them to drop off?

Thanks

Kelly

TheOwl
10-05-2010, 12:32 AM
I have seen this happen on quite a few of the CF2002 / CF3102's with a Fiery attached. Does your C350 have a Fiery?

What is was with the 2002's was that the NVRAM was corrupt on the MFP board. Because these machines store the One-Touches in two places (NVRAM and the Fiery), one will update the other. When you enter in the One-Touches with a Fiery attached, the Fiery updates the machines NVRAM just in case these is a Fiery crash and you need to reload the System Software. If the NVRAM is corrupt, then the Fiery think that the NVRAM has been updated but it hasn't. Turn the Fiery off the on again and it will read back from the NVRAM for the One-Touches and won't find any.

Here is what Konica Minolta asked me to do just to make sure it wasn't something else.

1. Delete all one touches
2. Turn the Fiery off
3. Do both a Pyhsical and then logical format of the HDD
3. Reload the Fiery System Software
4. Enter in the one touches

It was only after doing this three times that we learnt that the One-Touches were in fact held in the NVRAM and couldn't be cleared out. Now I can't 100% confirm that the C350's are exactly the same, but it could be worth a try.

Custom Search