Bizhub C203, take fuses in custmers building.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ReoNeo
    Technician
    • Dec 2008

[Electrical] Bizhub C203, take fuses in custmers building.

Can someone help me with a issue, where the Bizhub C203 blow out the fuses in customers building, when you power up the machine. Have tryed another electrical line, but the same happend.
    Have tryed to change the fuser unit.
    Looking forward to get some hint, please.
  • Mr Spock
    Vulcan Inventor of Death
    1,000+ Posts
    • Aug 2006

Either the wall plugs are not wired correctly, the circuit is overloaded, or you have a dead short in the copier. I would look at the power supply and fuser wiring.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Comment

• Stirton.M
      All things Konica Minolta
      1,000+ Posts
      • Oct 2009

There are these electrical testers....

A must have in the tool kit.

I agree with what Mr. Spock mentioned. Something not quite right. The second fuse blow, was this on the same breaker, or a different one? And what else was plugged in to those circuits? These machines are very power demanding, I generally do not recommend they share an outlet with any thing else for reliable operation.
      "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
      ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
      I will not answer requests or questions there.
      Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Comment

• pepper38_cnd
        Field Service Manager
        Site Contributor
        1,000+ Posts
        • Aug 2005

I had one do the same thing. It was the fuser coil and coil board you have to replace them together.
        Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
        Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Comment

• havinamare

yup - fuser coil and fuser together - had it twice .

Comment

• DCPS
            Trusted Tech
            100+ Posts
            • Mar 2008

@havinamare, pepper38_cnd

Can you please guys show me or tell me where did you find these 2 things (fusing coil and board) on a bizhub C203?

Comment

• Stirton.M
              All things Konica Minolta
              1,000+ Posts
              • Oct 2009

I think they might be confusing the C203 series with a C451 series machine.

The C451 series machines, the fuser unit does not contain a heat lamp. It instead employs an induction coil that is fixed to the main frame which induces a metal core on the fuser roller to heat up, virtually instantaneously. See attached image...part #5 is the coil unit.
              Capture.JPG

This design is not present in the C203, so even I am at a loss of which coil and board they are referencing. Searching the parts and service and theory manuals yields nothing on this. The fusing unit on the C203 is a self contained unit, consisting of a halogen lamp arrangment which heats up the fuser. Relative to the C451 series, very inefficient and slow warm up.

Have you tried the copier on a dedicated circuit by itself?
              "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
              ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
              I will not answer requests or questions there.
              Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Comment

Working...