PDA

View Full Version : ADF problems Ricoh 1018D

Custom Search

MikeAa
10-07-2010, 08:06 PM
I have an old Ricoh 1018d that every time a sheet is ran through the ADF an error message comes up to remove original paper jam. However the document has fed through in it's entirety. If multiple sheets are fed the error only comes up after the last sheet has cleared. There are the three sensors on top SP6-901 shows the two length sensors are working but not sure the function of the center one and it does not show up as being activated. I have swapped the upper sensors around so the are working as is the lower one at discharge which if blocked shows a paper jamb. Gears and belts all seem good. Any other thoughts?

MikeAa
10-08-2010, 03:02 PM
The document feeder is a DF17.

Fearless V K
10-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Clean the registration sensor. You need to take the covers off, then the left side pressure roller bracket and this will expose the registration sensor. Clean it, and the cutout it 'looks' into opposite the sensor.

JustManuals
10-08-2010, 08:38 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

MikeAa
10-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Well it seems the initial paper load sensor for the ADF was mounted in position incorrectly. Something about it doesn't seem right like it may not be the proper one but by installing it at a slight angle the paper jam error isn't happening. The Adf still won't duplex but not as serious an issue.

b003ace
01-24-2011, 02:53 AM
Well it seems the initial paper load sensor for the ADF was mounted in position incorrectly. Something about it doesn't seem right like it may not be the proper one but by installing it at a slight angle the paper jam error isn't happening. The Adf still won't duplex but not as serious an issue.

You previously stated that this was a DF17... I assume you mean DF71 as I don't recall any DF17 on these machines. The DF71 is a SIMPLEX feeder. The duplex feeder is a DF72. Since only the 1018D had duplex print capability, the most common feeder also lacked duplex. You COULD install a duplex feeder on a simplex machine, to allow 2 to 1, or a simplex feeder on a duplex machine (allowing 1 to 2). IF you actually have a DF72, check to see that the black diverter gate that puts the paper into the duplex inverter is not sticking to the foam pad in the bottom of the entry guide. A little silicone oil on the foam pad will eliminate this problem for a few weeks to months, depending on the usage.

Custom Search