PDA

View Full Version : Error code sc45-20 konica 8050 need help now.

Custom Search

impimp329
10-11-2010, 04:00 PM
I tried evrything to get rid of this code. Cleaned everything, sensors & nothing seems to help.:mad:. I tried to do a color register adjustment & got ERROR 2. Thanks in advance to all replies.

jma676
10-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro C500 (& 8050) Error SC-F4520

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description: C45-20 occurs

Cause:Abnormal termination of color registration control.

1. Normal registration mark is not made on the transfer belt, The sensor can not read it because registration mark is not made correctly on the transfer belt.

Defective parts:(Transfer belt, Drum, Developer, Developing Unit,etc).

2. Defective color registration sensor.

3. Defective printer control board.

4. Defective writing unit.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or contact a Qualified Technician.

Coptech
10-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Did the transfer belt walk one of it's guide belts up onto the roller? That will make it fail color registration and give the code you mentioned.

impimp329
10-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Did the transfer belt walk one of it's guide belts up onto the roller? That will make it fail color registration and give the code you mentioned.
I don't think so. I have 2 8050s on my floor & I swapped the transfer belt & nothing changed. I have read about switching the color register mode off in 25 mode then doing a color register in 36 but I can't get past shutting off for color register. Can someone please post these steps?

Coptech
10-11-2010, 08:57 PM
The color registraion unit will come out with 2 screws and 1 connector if you have the tranfer belt unit removed. If you are swapping between two machines, I would consider trying to swap that. Are you sure that one of the shutters isn't sticking and staying shut or sticking open to where the sensor gets dirty front or rear?

impimp329
10-11-2010, 09:43 PM
The color registraion unit will come out with 2 screws and 1 connector if you have the tranfer belt unit removed. If you are swapping between two machines, I would consider trying to swap that. Are you sure that one of the shutters isn't sticking and staying shut or sticking open to where the sensor gets dirty front or rear?
Coptech, thanks for the fast reply. I checked the shutters on the color registration unit & everything seems to be fine. Nothing is getting stuck. I will try to swap the units.

impimp329
10-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Changed the color register units & got SC45-07. What now?????????? ANYBODY?????????????

Coptech
10-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Do all colors print? Are dev gears stripped on any color?

This is what you mentioned earlier I believe.

Perform the color correction calibration of the sensors PS8 and PS9. To calibrate the sensors, perform the following:
a. Disable Color Registration Correction Control in the 25 mode, software dipswitch 25, bits 3 to 1 (ON) and bit 4 to 0 (OFF).
b. Run [Auto Color Registration Adjustment] in the 36 mode.
c. Enable Color Registration Control (software dipswitch 25, bits 3 to 0 (OFF) and bit 4 to 0 (OFF)).
d. Perform Auto Color Registration adjustment.

impimp329
10-11-2010, 11:33 PM
I am not too clear on getting into the dipswitch to change the settings. I managed to get into the software settings but what do I set the first row, second row, etc

impimp329
10-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Looked at the field man. & got into dipswitch 25 bits 3 to 1 on & 4 to 0 off
Ran the color register & came up ERROR2
VIEWD LIST & everything (yellow, magenta, cyan) all set to +312.5

Coptech
10-12-2010, 08:04 PM
45-20 is color registration failure. To do this, it creates and developes 7's and backward 7's on both far sides of the transfer belt. It then uses the sensors that are under the shutters to read the timing and angularity of both sides for each color. If the belt is off track, it will mis-read and code. If the sensors are covered, it wil not read and code. If the belt does not turn right, same thing. If you have something that keeps one of the colors from deleloping be it a bad corona, development unit, drum, to whatever, it will code. Have your tech go into 36 mode and run each color one at a time with full laser power and others off to make sure each color is full across the page. If that is ok, and you have already tried the belt unit and the sensor unit, it will narrow down pretty fast. I don't know what else to tell you.

impimp329
10-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Coptech, I had a friend that knows the machine better than me & he said the developer is over its 100,000. It's density is around 88. When I ran the color register, I noticed lines on the belt for each color, except the black. Is there any way to increase the density of the black?. My tech is not anwering his phone & I have no other means. I called several (5 ) companies & all said that there would be a $300.00 to $400.00 to check over the entire machine.

Coptech
10-12-2010, 08:26 PM
If there is no black at all, I am betting that the development unit for the black has a stripped gear or no developer in it. I think you are down to deciding if the machine is worth that repair charge to you. It is time to let the service company earn their keep on this one. If the development unit is bad and it needs black developer as well, (and it will as the new units are empty when received) It will cost substantially more than the estimates you were given. Be prepared.

RRodgers
10-12-2010, 08:43 PM
I hope for your sake it's only a stripped gear in the dev unit, but they usually strip cuz the unit is leaking and on it's way out. You can get away with just replacing the gear (if that's only it) but.... it won't last long. Replace the unit along with the dev in it. If you would have put your location in and we were close to you I would offer to come out and fix it.

impimp329
10-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Coptech, RRodgers, thanks for the advice.. I checked the gears in the black developer & everything is o.k. I am getting in new black developer & will try to make that work. It had a pm count of 133,000+. I hope this works. Again, thanks. By the way, my shop is out in Chicago. I just ventured into the digital world & if this were a press, I would have no problems fixing it.

jma676
10-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Coptech, I had a friend that knows the machine better than me & he said the developer is over its 100,000. It's density is around 88. When I ran the color register, I noticed lines on the belt for each color, except the black. Is there any way to increase the density of the black?. My tech is not anwering his phone & I have no other means. I called several (5 ) companies & all said that there would be a $300.00 to $400.00 to check over the entire machine.
as clearly stated in the previous post describes a number of probable causes this failure.

As you mentioned having problems with her look a developer K, it has a preventive replacement period of 100K (100 000). is very common that when the developer deteriorates.. arise problems with the color density .

Can test and check the density of each color, check to be normal, if not, you can restore color density manually .. with the command "toner Refresh mode".

But.. the final solution will replace components that have exceeded their life span, as Developer, Drums, etc..

impimp329
10-13-2010, 05:16 PM
as clearly stated in the previous post describes a number of probable causes this failure.

As you mentioned having problems with her look a developer K, it has a preventive replacement period of 100K (100 000). is very common that when the developer deteriorates.. arise problems with the color density .

Can test and check the density of each color, check to be normal, if not, you can restore color density manually .. with the command "toner Refresh mode".

But.. the final solution will replace components that have exceeded their life span, as Developer, Drums, etc..
Just changed the black develper & still the same SC45-20. I checked all the gears & nothing. What else is there???

jma676
10-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Maybe other color, as say before... Make test Pattern density of each color (C/M/Y/K) and check!!

But.. the final solution will replace All components that have exceeded their life span or in defective condition , as Developer, Drums, etc..

clearly stated in the previous post describes a number of probable causes this failure.

Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro C500 (& 8050) Error SC-F4520

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description: C45-20 occurs

Cause: Abnormal termination of color registration control.

1. Normal registration mark is not made on the transfer belt, The sensor can not read it because registration mark is not made correctly on the transfer belt.

Defective parts :(Transfer belt, Drum, Developer, Developing Unit,etc).

2. Defective color registration sensor.

3. Defective printer control board.

4 . Defective writing unit.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

impimp329
10-13-2010, 08:28 PM
OK. Trouble shoot the following:

Defective parts :(Transfer belt, Drum, Developer, Developing Unit,etc). ALL CHECK OUT OK

2. Defective color registration sensor. ALL CHECK OUT OK

3. Defective printer control board. GETTING CODE SC 89-01

jma676
10-13-2010, 08:53 PM
OK. Trouble shoot the following:

Defective parts :(Transfer belt, Drum, Developer, Developing Unit,etc). ALL CHECK OUT OK

2. Defective color registration sensor. ALL CHECK OUT OK

3. Defective printer control board. GETTING CODE SC 89-01

While this has nothing to do with the color registration control.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Konica Minolta Bizhun Pro C500 Error SC89-01

This code is caused by incompatibility between the replaced PRDB assigned S/N and mainbody S/N. For example, when trying to install the PRDB which was removed from E00001 to E00005 main body.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sure what you are doing, or ... this throwing hand to the crazy, contact a qualified technician if you're not, think about all that time saved by letting someone with the right knowledge can solve.
With all due respect.

Cleveland Tech
10-14-2010, 11:50 AM
now that the new registration unit is in disable the registration operation using bit sw 25, then go into service mode and run the color registration adjustment, if it still fails you may need to replace all the dv powder, you may not have enough in the dv units.

impimp329
10-14-2010, 06:06 PM
The guy that switched out the board was a certified factory trained konica tech. I would not go that far as I have no traininng. As of today, he said the system locked him out. He doesnt know what else to do. Can anyone help?. Please?

jma676
10-14-2010, 07:54 PM
The guy that switched out the board was a certified factory trained konica tech. I would not go that far as I have no traininng. As of today, he said the system locked him out. He doesnt know what else to do. Can anyone help?. Please?

Send me the tickets to travel.. where you are, maybe I can work personally for a better way. Now I'm in Argentina.:p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Konica Minolta Bizhun Pro C500 Error SC89-01

This code is caused by incompatibility between the replaced PRDB assigned S/N and mainbody S/N. For example, when trying to install the PRDB which was removed from E00001 to E00005 main body.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

impimp329
10-20-2010, 08:40 PM
So, how do I clear this code. We now know the cause, how about a solution.

Coptech
10-20-2010, 09:07 PM
If you fix the problem, the code will clear when you turn machine off and on again. This is if the code is still 45-20

Albonline
10-20-2010, 09:14 PM
if the replacement board was used, you will get the code. to eliminate it you will need to set some dip switches .(this will allow you to use used boards for troubleshooting,copies will have yellow grid on them) to actually fix the copier you will have to get a new replacement board for the one thats defective.

Stirton.M
10-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Uh...the tech does not know what to do and he is trained?

Is he working for KM? There honestly is zero excuse for not resolving this issue. Its hard to do online because there are many things that need to be observed directly first hand that a REAL service tech with actual experience would know to look for before throwing up their hands and declaring there is nothing more they can do...ask for a supervisor to come out and service the machine if the tech is too inept to figure this problem out.

In all honesty, due to the complexity of the problem, there is little that you can do yourself, aside from trying to do an automatic colour registration adjustment from the keyop screen. Refer to your user manual on the procedure.

Troubleshooting this beyond the registration sensors to verify if a colour is not printing, which involves swapping a print process component with one that is working to see if the problem remains or moves (swap the drum or charge wire or dev unit with another colour) is quite a bit beyond what I would expect an end user to deal with, nor would I recommend this.

Your service tech should have at least eliminated the units via this step.

The service code you quoted refers specifically to the sensor unit, or the printer control (PRCB). Swapping the sensor assembly did not correct the issue, and you have reason to believe there is no black toner transfer may eliminate the PRCB, but you should have that verified. If the swapping of the components with the another colour component on the machine shows there is no problem with those components when swapped, the PRCB is most likely at fault and should be replaced.

impimp329
10-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Uh...the tech does not know what to do and he is trained?

Is he working for KM? There honestly is zero excuse for not resolving this issue. Its hard to do online because there are many things that need to be observed directly first hand that a REAL service tech with actual experience would know to look for before throwing up their hands and declaring there is nothing more they can do...ask for a supervisor to come out and service the machine if the tech is too inept to figure this problem out.

In all honesty, due to the complexity of the problem, there is little that you can do yourself, aside from trying to do an automatic colour registration adjustment from the keyop screen. Refer to your user manual on the procedure.

Troubleshooting this beyond the registration sensors to verify if a colour is not printing, which involves swapping a print process component with one that is working to see if the problem remains or moves (swap the drum or charge wire or dev unit with another colour) is quite a bit beyond what I would expect an end user to deal with, nor would I recommend this.

Your service tech should have at least eliminated the units via this step.

The service code you quoted refers specifically to the sensor unit, or the printer control (PRCB). Swapping the sensor assembly did not correct the issue, and you have reason to believe there is no black toner transfer may eliminate the PRCB, but you should have that verified. If the swapping of the components with the another colour component on the machine shows there is no problem with those components when swapped, the PRCB is most likely at fault and should be replaced.

Stirton, thanks for the advice, along with everyone else. Here is the situation. I, have swapped all the components with my other 8050. I am not a tech by any means, my thing is offsett.As for the "tech" who swapped the board, he was trained with Konica, but no longer is working for them. He set off on his own. After he switched the board from my other machine he still ended with the SC 89-01 code, so he procedde to swap the boards back & when he turned the machine back on he said the machine locked him out.
Mr. jma676 explains it this way:This code is caused by incompatibility between the replaced PRDB assigned S/N and mainbody S/N. For example, when trying to install the PRDB which was removed from E00001 to E00005 main body. Even though the "tech" put the original board back with the serial number, he still got the SC89-01 code.
At this point if anyone local to the Chicago area can help me I would even drive to your location & drop you off.
Once again, thanks to all.
Jma676 the tickets are on their way.HAHAH.

impimp329
10-21-2010, 04:16 PM
if the replacement board was used, you will get the code. to eliminate it you will need to set some dip switches .(this will allow you to use used boards for troubleshooting,copies will have yellow grid on them) to actually fix the copier you will have to get a new replacement board for the one thats defective.

Albonline, what is the procedure on setting the dip wsitches? So just by getting the SC89-01 code from both boards means that they are both bad????. Please "say it aint so"

Coptech
10-21-2010, 04:48 PM
It is so. Both boards will need to be sent to Konica or an authorized board repair service to be reset. On every copy or print that comes out of that machine is a series of yellow dots that identifies the manufacture, model, and serial number. It is part of a counterfeiting prevention measure. The reason that they make you register the boards with machine serial numbers is so that someone doesn't try and swap boards to throw off that identification process. Konica offered a temp dip switch setting that would allow a person to swap boards only as a trial measure and all of the prints came out with bands to identify them as test only copies. Your tech should have known that.

Albonline
10-21-2010, 05:05 PM
The best advice i can give you is to get a real certified konica tech there.(spend the money to get it right)

RRodgers
10-21-2010, 05:40 PM
The best advice i can give you is to get a real certified konica tech there.(spend the money to get it right)

I have to agree, I work on these boxes all the time and usually get a 45-20 working with very little problem.

Stirton.M
10-22-2010, 10:43 AM

I also agree.

If at all possible, always seek out fully supported KM service. Most sales from KM involve service agreements...issues like this would have been covered...the only cost to you is click counts on top of the lease payments. Likely too little too late for this particular issue...but being miserly on such things to begin with will always invariably lead to such problems.

As an aside, it might be beneficial to simply retire the 8050 and get a C6500/5500/6501/5501 variant....far better unit and much more user friendly. Press C6000, C7000 and C8000 models are now available too, though those are far more expensive units...the latest offers from KM for production line machines that rival Press machines.

Custom Search