PDA

View Full Version : CQ Konica Minolta7222, 7228, 7235 blurry area.....help please

Custom Search

DelawareJim
10-12-2010, 12:52 AM
We are having an issue with a blurry area on the copy. After cleaning the drum with WD-40 and then 70% alcohol, the issue goes away. Copies are nice and clean with no blurry area. Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this? I have tried taking out the ozone filter on the right side of the copier to increase air flow thinking that maybe some kind of fuser oil fumes coating the drum, but I don't know. Sure could use some help on this one....it seems to be an epidemic. Thanks, Jim in Delaware.

TheOwl
10-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Silly question, but do you think that the machine might be getting really cold and hence causing moisture on the drum? That possibly explains why WD-40 and alcohol on the drum fixes the issue as the moisture is being removed by the WD-40 and that is cleaned off with alcohol.

I have noticed a couple of these machines when they have been transported to the customers site from ours, but sat in the back of the truck overnight, exhibit the same problem.

Cleveland Tech
10-13-2010, 12:55 AM
When I start getting that problem I replace the drum. that should fix the problem. old drums tend to do that.

bladerex
10-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Also try with changing the blade.
And put back the ozone filter, it have nothing to do with the problem.

Custom Search