PDA

View Full Version : C250 lines on copies and prints

Custom Search

oldschool
10-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Thin black lines (kinda like notebook paper) in the scan direction. These lines aren't solid and are the entire width of the page. They are about a quarter inch apart. It appears to be only the black toner. I haven't done anything as of yet. I'm thinking bad image unit but I'd like some other opinions before I order one.

blazebusiness
10-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Inspect the IU drum surface & transport belt assy & fuser assy and make sure its clean. I assume you made a copy of something with color and black. If the color part of the copy looks ok then replace the black IU. How much life is on that black IU when you check it under consumables?

oldschool
10-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Drum surface looks good as well as the fuser. There is about 57K on the black image unit and 48K on the fuser and 85K on transfer unit.

blazebusiness
10-12-2010, 03:42 PM
It's time then. Besides .... the black IU is comparatively cheap. Replace it.

ineo+6501
10-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Clean the Black LED with the cleaning wand, soak the pad with alcohol 1st.
Also, the Black IU should have a blue knob on it. Slide this back and forth a dozen or so times.

aerepro
10-12-2010, 05:17 PM
did u see if the glass was dirty??? i would check that 1st. Then transfer roller, then image units

aerepro
10-12-2010, 05:19 PM
also if its a bad IU check them in test command.. utility counter --detail--stop 00 stop 01 -- test -- half grad

oldschool
10-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Already did the cleaning options. I didn't try alcohol on the cleaning pad though. Haven't done the half grad test yet but here is something odd. The copier was calling for black toner. I thought it ran low because of all the back ground on the images. Since adding toner the lines have started to fade. They ran the entire page and now about 1/4 is clean. The rest of the lines have faded too. Makes me think IU even more. It will need to be replaced soon anyway so I can justify the cost to the powers that be. The toner used has always been genuine so I'm not sure whats up.

oldschool
10-19-2010, 03:22 PM
The lines came back the same as before. It may have been the black IU running low on toner then as it toned up the lines got darker. Have to order IU and I'll post back if that was the fix.

Stirton.M
10-20-2010, 01:26 AM
Check the erase lamp to ensure it is functioning too. Not likely your problem, but then again....

oldschool
10-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Installed the black IU this morning and the lines are gone. Looks like that was it.
Thanks to all for the helpful suggestions!

Custom Search