PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta bizhub di 2510f

Custom Search

tmaze01
10-12-2010, 06:22 PM
hi/, i am hoping someone can help me with a konica minolta di2510f
the problem is the machine used to print using cat-5 network now the computers dont recognize the mach all drivers are installed nothing has changed / how ever i recently had to do a clear all in tech rep mode / would that be the problem or do they require an additional installation or ? any help is appreciated (THANK YOU IN ADVANCE )

TAYLOR

racosta
10-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Hey there Taylor. If I'm reading this correctly you preformed a total clear on the machine in service mode and now you can't print to it? If thats the case well then you have to go into admin mode and re enter the IP address of the machine. Preforming a total clear removes all settings in the machine. You may also have to re enter all the fax settings as well. hope this helps you.

tmaze01
10-12-2010, 07:44 PM
hey there taylor. If i'm reading this correctly you preformed a total clear on the machine in service mode and now you can't print to it? If thats the case well then you have to go into admin mode and re enter the ip address of the machine. Preforming a total clear removes all settings in the machine. You may also have to re enter all the fax settings as well. Hope this helps you.
hi, thanks so much for replying ,as far as the settings everything is installed (i also noticed that in the tech rep mode the prioity screen which lists either copier or printer it was set for copier would that not allow it to print or is that it copies before any print jobs are buffered ,again thanks (HI AGAIN,I FORGOT
TO MENTION THE CONNECTIVITY TRI COLORED LED RED/ORANGE/GREEN IS BASICALLY RED WHEN UNPLUGGING THE CAT 5 CABLE AND REINSERTING IT IT STARTS TO FLICKER RED TO ORANGE BUT GOES BACK TO RED.)

TheOwl
10-12-2010, 10:46 PM
You priority mode that is set under service mode just tells the machine if it should accept and print copy jobs or print jobs as a priority. Setting the machine to copy won't effect printing other than if someone walks to the machine and presses a button and walks away again, the print job will wait until the screen timeout has occurred.

As for the IP address, Racosta is right in saying that if you have done an all settings clear, then you will need to setup the networking side of the machine again so that it will correctly talk to the network. Obviously, you will need to find out what the IP address used to be and then set that same IP addess, subnet mask and gateway. Without the IP address and subnet mask being correct, then the computers on the network will not talk correctly to the copier..

Is there any reason why you have done an ALL CLEAR?

tmaze01
10-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Hi, thank you for replying back , well the customer that had this machine apparently knew how to access the techrep mode and was playing around and his story was he initialized the hdd option after that the machine would never come to either "warming up " or "ready to copy" so he thought by doing all clear it would unscrew what he screwed up (good thing its got a hard counter) the other thing is that when you remove the toner bottle and close the front door it says ready to copy rather than install toner or no toner or anything that would sense the toner is not present. All so i had to replace the developer because as toner ran out it dep,leted the developer which effected the concentration sensor on dev.assy. So far i checked soft switch 026 bit 3 is for mach to place call for empty toner it was set at 1 bit 2 is also set at 1 bit 1 is set at 1 .(as far as the toner bottle issue. Any idea /recommendations is greatly appreciated ,thanks again

TheOwl
10-12-2010, 11:26 PM
There isn't a sensor in these machine to detect a toner bottle from memory. Basically the machine knows that is has to turn the toner hopper barrell for toner to be supplied. If no toner is supplied after a while, you will then get an add toner message as the ATDC sensor doesn't detect enough toner.

This is how we used to get users to re-align the toner barrell if they couldn't get the toner in the machine. Take the toner out, close the doors and wait for the machine to come to ready or add toner. Open the door and the toner would fit straight back in because the machine would home the toner barrell.

As far as your user goes, I hope you are charging big dollars for their mistake!!!

tmaze01
10-12-2010, 11:49 PM
I, hear ya!! I understand what you /but what about the machine not calling for toner (believe me ive had my share of the carefree customer who ignores any messages and continues to copy even though mach. Needs toner) but this guy is very aware of anything the machine displays especially when i told him what he did is his own costly wrong doing ) im i forgetting something obvious as far as soft switches ,etc ..

907tec
10-13-2010, 12:54 AM
It might have started with the next generation of KM boxes, but some of these machines will reset the "add toner" message every time the front door is opened. I think it was on a 7272 that I had a customer who figured this out and thought it was a way to save money on toner. When the copier would ask for toner, they would open and close the front door to reset the message for another 3000 copies. Never mind the fact that it zaps the developer and necessitates a pricey service call...

tmaze01
10-13-2010, 01:28 AM
i appreciate your help

Custom Search