PDA

View Full Version : c2557 on a bizhub 362

Custom Search

brent
10-12-2010, 11:17 PM
I have read the manual and seen the bulletins on this. does anyone have a real case scenario on this code? this machine has only 13k on it new. should I just replace the developer and drum unit first? since I don't have a atdc sensor or a new pwb a? what do you think?

brent

fixthecopier
10-13-2010, 12:05 AM
I have never had the sensor or board be the problem. With only 13,000 you should be able to recover. Clear the counters and try F-8. If you have already, then maybe you can get by with just developer.

brent
10-13-2010, 02:31 AM
thanks fix.. I can't believe it is happening either. that is what I get for thinking a new machine would work. I am going there tomorrow and for sure going to replace the developer. hope I don't goof up anything by not doing the drum also. but I will have one. the bulletin says replace the developer and the drum at the same time. kind of frustrating on this one... I had a 350 and tried to reset the counters back to zero and this code popped up. so I know it is an atdc code.
brent

fixthecopier
10-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Usually if the count is low, the machine will not care. Take a drum just in case.

brent
10-13-2010, 01:36 PM
will do. thanks

brent
10-14-2010, 05:42 AM
well bad news. I went there and tried to reset it. no dice. then I replaced the developer. and it came to ready. it will not feed paper out of drawer one or two or manual bypass. it jams then goes right into the c2557. so it is in the shop. according to the tech bulletin it ate a board. parts ordered. I will let ya'll know when it is fixed
brent

brent
10-19-2010, 11:58 PM
here is a copy of a konica minolta tad document. by the way I was able to fix the problem today. I replaced the starter then the atdc sensor. then the pwb a. not fixed until I replaced m5. works like a charm. frustrating part is it would not feed paper out of the bottom tray. with 11k on the machine I had to replace the bottom tray feed clutch. crap. here is the document

brent
10-20-2010, 12:01 AM
sorry bout that. try that doc again

Hansoon
10-20-2010, 07:08 AM
............not fixed until I replaced m5.

I've heard before that Fanmotor M5 could cause c-2557 but I really cannot see how this fan M5 can have an influence.

Not cooling enough? Causing noise?

Weird.

Hans

fixthecopier
10-20-2010, 11:22 AM
I had it happen. False fan code, caused by the drum short.

brent
10-20-2010, 01:58 PM
it is wierd. so wierd in fact that when I ordered parts last week. i took and ordered everything it may have needed. I am going to run the crap out of it today. it just simply would not work until I replaced those parts. it would jam out of either tray.. period. until I replaced that m5. that is why I have included a copy of the technical advice document above.

brent

Custom Search