PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 350 copy quality issues

Custom Search

brent
10-12-2010, 11:51 PM
interesting problem. customer is using staples god awefull bright colors. and it actually took a drum out in 8k copies. replaced the drum unit and starter and it did it again. what I am noticing is that the same customer uses lots of bright colors and the developer unit is just low. and the image density is low. then the drum gets all smeared. yes physically the drum is rough and toner is just scraped all over it. can not clean it. what am I missing here. I have warned against high acid paper. but they claim they don't use it anymore. just if anyone has any thoughts on where the develper is going. apperantly it is going to the drum. I will try to post a pic of it. thanks

fixthecopier
10-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Are you getting a scratch on the right side of the drum? Those dv boxes go bad, and if the drum is scratched it can cause the drum to arch off and the discharge could cause the developer to come out. I had one with about 30,000 on it and the drum short caused a false fan code.

brent
10-13-2010, 12:13 AM
not a scratch on the drum.. just checked it over

molsonreddog
10-13-2010, 01:02 AM
There is tech pub about drum being taken out and developer dumping. Replace dev unit, developer and drum at same time. could also be the tx roller spacers worn out or arcing.

brent
10-13-2010, 02:27 AM
that makes sence. I have put in 2 new units. keeps eating them. I have a new dv unit I will swap out tomorrow. thanks for putting a little light on the subject guy's

brent

brent
10-14-2010, 05:47 AM
just a quick note. I have never seen this before until this week. seen it twice on 2 machines. one had 77k (bizhub 362) and 199k (bizhub 350) the call on the 362 was light streaks across the copy. turned out starter was all but gone. and it ate the new drum. I replaced the developer unit new starter and of course. new drum (with 3k onit) now it is good. I can not believe this machine with 77k on it alreay ate a dv unit. and yes fix. you were right. there was a scratch on each end of the drum probably causing the arch. I am thank ful for your comments. it made the day a little less crapy

fixthecopier
10-14-2010, 11:56 AM
You must be careful when you change drums for end of life. If that box has 150 to 200,000, it may eat the new drum. Check a thread I started for bizhub 250/350 eating drums. Lot of good info.

Custom Search