PDA

View Full Version : scanning to sbs 2008 not working!

Custom Search

cwill78295
10-14-2010, 05:16 AM
Ok i have just installed a win sbs2008 server in my clients office. On the old server (2003 server) we scanned SMB to the server with no problems. Now I cannot scan and im getting the server connect error in the job log files.

I have gone in and disabled the digital signature in the default domain policy, and the default domain controller policy. stil to no avail, I cannot scan this is very frustrating!

I have a bizhub 420

Mr Spock
10-14-2010, 11:26 AM
KM put out about 5 pdf's on this issue. In a nut shell a pc can use smb to get to any folder that the user has access to but a copier can not smb to the PDC because of security issues. To change this it puts a HUGE security hole on the PDC. I will see if I can find the pdf for you. Also what version firmware is on the copier?

pepper38_cnd
10-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Use FTP and end the frustration. If you insist on SMB then consult the Users Guide ( Network Scanner Operation) make sure SMB is properly configured and the WINS is pointing at your server address. Use the feature from the control panel were the machine actually goes out and finds the available share paths I can remember what that is called but when you are creating the one touch from the control panel it's on the last screen. Don't enter the path just skip to the last screen and let the machine find it.

emujo
10-14-2010, 02:05 PM
In order to use the "browse" function, you must 1st go into your SMB settings and change the print settings workgroup name from the default to your domain name. Return to the main screen and press utility/counter..one touch registration..follow the path to create a new SMB one touch within the address book. If you go to page 2 of this screen you should see a "referance" icon. Press it and it should reflect any servers and workstations. At some point it will ask you for a user name and password to get to any shared folders on the server. Enter these credentials and try to open the path. If it fails, then you have a username/password issue. If not then you have successfully mapped the MFP to the shared folder. Now go into Page scope and look at how the path is set up by the MFP and that may give you a clue as to why it was failing in the 1st place..You can test the functionality of the MFP by creating a shared folder in the "shared documents" of a XP workstation. The MFP should be able to navigate to this folder w/o any credentials and drop an image there. Another thing I try to do to troubleshoot this particular issue is to log on to the server with the credentials the IT rep has given me and try to create and save a document in the shared folder. If it works then I at least know the folder is shared correctly. Emujo

cwill78295
10-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Mr. Spock,
Thank you, if you have those PDF's I would like to see them.

Pepper,
I thought i would change to ftp also and started an FTP server in iis 6.0, the ftp server works I can log into it from another machine but the copy machine keeps giving me folder not found. I even used a \ to let it know to stay in the root folder. but nope nothing . now i do notice that when it shows the path that it wants to scan to, its using a \\ and not // which would normally be an ftp switch. Help!!! I need this completed today

Emujo,
The folders are definitely shared properly i can connect to them and edit with no problems.

pepper38_cnd
10-14-2010, 10:44 PM
if you are scanning to the FTP root just use \ no folder name

Custom Search