PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub c350 New Imaging Units error "Please install correct imaging units correctly"

Custom Search

gaznev2000
10-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Hi all I have installed 3 new imaging units in out photocopier but have the following error come up and cant explain why. The imagining unit are the exact same model as the previous ones i followd the provided install instructon to the T, Can anyone help?

My thoughts are
1) As I purchased the units from the US and I am in Australia there may be a regionl lock on the units
or
2) i have only changed c,y,m and not black The copier mad require all units to be excahed at once.

Please help I have just spent over $1000 on these and really don't want to tell my boss i have wasted his money

ineo+6501
10-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Although the units look the same, make sure they are not for a generic C350. The chips on the units are specific to the brand.
For example, we have had a machine come in which had Konica Minolta badges on it but underneath it was a DEVELOP engine.
We had the same message on the screen as you are getting when we fitted a Konica Minolta IU to it. We had to buy a DEVELOP chip to get it to work.

Make sure your engine IS Konica Minolta and that the units are also Konica Minolta. Easiest way is to look at the label on the side of the imaging units you took out.
They should have the Konica Minolta logo on the label if it is a Konica Minolta engine. Compare the label with the units you have just fitted.

DEVELOP and oce/imagistics had versions of the C350 and they require matching units.

Beyond that, you may have a faulty unit.

gaznev2000
10-18-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the quick Reply Ineo, Here are some photos of the units could you have a look at these and see if you can see anything?, I don't think it would be faulty units as all three units that I ordered don't work.

P.S. How much is DEVELOP chip?

Kindest Regards
Gary

ineo+6501
10-18-2010, 12:09 PM
They look fine to me Gary. I don't think the engine is a generic as the old units would have the DEVELOP/oce logo instead of Konica.
The chips are around £20 each here in the UK and allow a "spent" unit to be reused.

The only thing I can see that is different is the two letter code above the line number. I have checked the C350 and C450 in my showroom and they have a mixture of "SL" and "WX" units.
Maybe someone who knows the composition of the labels could spot something?

You could try changing the chip from an old working unit to the matching new unit, see if the new unit works with the old chip and vice versa.
Make sure you mark the chips so you don't mix em up. This will tell you if you have a chip issue which is what it sounds like to me.

I doubt that there is a code for different regions but stranger things have happened.
Maybe give KM Australia a call just to check

mascan42
10-18-2010, 12:43 PM
I just checked the KM Australia website, and the part numbers are different from the ones in the US. I would guess there is a slightly different region coding on the chips.

gaznev2000
10-19-2010, 02:46 AM
That's a joke if its true, do you know of anyway if getting around it, I could swap the chips over from the old units but as the old imagining units were expired will that carry the expiry over to the new units?

STRESS!!

gaznev2000
10-19-2010, 03:42 AM
Just spoken to KM in Australia and they said its a voltage issue. anything i can do?

ineo+6501
10-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Gary, you can swap the chips over to the new units and if you enter service mode you can set the machine to not stop when the units are expired.
You'll have the message on the screen but will be able to use the machine forever more.

Did the old chip produce a copy on the new unit? If so you will be able to buy a set of Aussie chips for your US units.................

gaznev2000
10-20-2010, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the advice Ineo your a true gent. I switched the chips over but now I'm getting the first error saying please replace imaging units, which mean that the unit expiry is installed on the chips. Now as I see it I have two options
1) Try and fine somewhere where I can get the chips cracked or
2) do as you suggested and enter service mode and the machine to not stop when the units are expire.

The second option would be easiest but i have no idea how to do it can you explain please.

Kind regards
Gary

P.s. i didnt understand what you meant when you said "Did the old chip produce a copy on the new unit? If so you will be able to buy a set of Aussie chips for your US units................. " can you explain?

ineo+6501
10-20-2010, 11:27 AM
I meant that if your old unit chip when fitted to the new unit would allow you to produce a copy, then there is no physical difference with the rest of the US unit.
Put simply, the only difference between the AUS and US unit appears to be only the chip itself.

The chip is what holds the info on life cycle etc and a spent unit can be reused by fitting a new chip instead of the expense of a whole unit.
Often after 1 cycle from new, the units are still producing good prints and it's crazy to throw one in the bin.

Someone in AUS will sell the chips. You could fit AUS chips to your US units and will have no more screen message.

konicaminolta
10-23-2010, 12:01 AM
The units that you've bought from the US have US chips in them, you are using (most likely) Europe coded chips: just buy a set of european chips and replace the ones on your units.
In the mean time, go to the service mode, once there press 'stop' 9 and set IU life 'not stop'.
Hope it helps.

mailderrick
01-09-2011, 07:45 PM
I am going to put in my 2 cents. I am not as good as some of the guys here but i will say this. You say that you have replaced 3 units..you show three pictures but all of the same unit. Each imaging unit has its own chip and must match exactly. You can not use a magenta IU for all three colors and expect it to work. Likewise if you had the old IU's laying around and just randomly installed any chip on each IU you again will have a problem. These chips are all coded and very specific fimware written as what machine it goes to and what position in that machine that it sits.
Derrick

907tec
01-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Unfortunately, I don't believe that altering the "IU Life Stop" setting will help you here. As far as I know, this change must be made before the "replace imaging unit" message appears. After the "replace" message is on screen, your only hope is to swap chips or IU's. I'm fairly certain that I have seen AUS companies advertising chip resetting on these boards...it might be worth posting under For Sale/Trade/Wanted.

mailderrick
01-11-2011, 03:18 AM
907 you are correct and incorrect at the same time."IU life Stop" will not help here ..because that is not the error. It is saying please install image units correctly...If it said replace image units then the "IU life stop" would 100% help him as that message is due to the chips running out and if you tell the machine to ignore the chip it will run until a problem or error occurs..again i think you may have installed the wrong units in the wrong slot..or possibly a US chip problem as some have suggested and also maybe you incorrectly replaced the old ones after the fact.

pepper38_cnd
01-11-2011, 12:28 PM
To the best of my knowledge the IU's are exactly the same and are marketed with 3 specific marketing codes on the chips North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim which includes Australia. Some say there are only 2 marketing areas 120V and 220V but I have heard of 3 for some models. You are not the first to order from ebay or elsewhere on the net and get an incompatible IU.

mailderrick
01-11-2011, 06:07 PM
That may be true and in fact brings up anpother question me and a few other techs were trying to figure out. IS THERE any developer availble for purchase that is compatible with the C350? I have a machine in the shop right now and a few units low and would not mind adding some developer just to use that one in the shop on rare occasion.
Derrick

907tec
01-11-2011, 06:28 PM
You are absolutely right Mailderrick, I was confusing two separate problems in my post. If I were thinking more clearly, I would have explained my thoughts a little better:

The older chips, which give the "replace IU" message, can be transferred to the new IU's. Although the life counters won't reset, you will have the benefit of a fresh IU. Problem is...this configuration (expired chip/new iu) will only work if the "no-stop" condition is enabled.

Apologies if I confused or misinformed with the fist post.

pspice2001
01-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Hi all I have installed 3 new imaging units in out photocopier but have the following error come up and cant explain why. The imagining unit are the exact same model as the previous ones i followd the provided install instructon to the T, Can anyone help?

My thoughts are
1) As I purchased the units from the US and I am in Australia there may be a regionl lock on the units
or
2) i have only changed c,y,m and not black The copier mad require all units to be excahed at once.

Please help I have just spent over $1000 on these and really don't want to tell my boss i have wasted his money

I have read the posts and these guys may be right but I had the same problem with a c250 and found that even though the IU's looked identical the chips are different so make sure it is for a c350 and not a c250 as they will not interchange good luck

Custom Search