PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C450 Fiery Edge Enhancement Query

Custom Search

abriggs
10-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Hi! Is it possible to configure the edge enhancement of my Bizhub's Fiery controller to something other than 'on' or 'off'?

The problem I am seeing is when I have a print job comprising medium dark blue text and largeish light-brown filled areas (both using spot colours) I can't get a happy balance of edge enhancement:

-With edge enhancement off, the spot coloured text doesn't have a defined edge making it look like its been printed with a very low-res printer
-However with edge enhancement on, the coloured text is very crisp but block areas of lighter colour (e.g. using halftone) have a visibly darker edge on them.

is it possible to specify the edge enhancement for text only (like you can for black over print) or maybe send the document as separations and selectively specify the edge enhancement that way?

Alternatively is there a way to tighten up the halftone so that coloured text is acceptable with edge enhancement off? (changing the screen pattern: graduation/resolution priority doesn't seem to have a discernible effect)

Thanks in advance!

Antony

TheOwl
10-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you might need to look into Auto-Trapping to clean your lines and half-tone vs solids up.

Do a bit of research into it and if it sounds right, then you will need to purchase an activation certificate to activate its use on the Fiery.

abriggs
10-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you might need to look into Auto-Trapping to clean your lines and half-tone vs solids up.

Do a bit of research into it and if it sounds right, then you will need to purchase an activation certificate to activate its use on the Fiery.

By Jove! I think you've hit the nail on the head. I've found some demo PDFs on EFI's website and that looks exactly what I'm after. Owl, I thank you!

Custom Search