PDA

View Full Version : 2490mf "please power cycle"

Custom Search

Darren King
10-18-2010, 09:32 PM
I posted this in the printer section, but got no response, thought I would try here.

I am working on a Magicolor 2490mf that is displaying the message "please power cycle" with the code "H0F" (the middle digit is a zero). Anyone know what this code means. The service manual says something about security and to call Konica Minolta. I called but because I am not trained on this machine they will not help me. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Darren

BIG PAPA
10-18-2010, 09:41 PM
was it "h0f" or "f0h"? With how it is written my best guess would be something relating to bill recognition. Were they trying to copy money, checks, etc? Since it is a color machine it has security built in yadda yadda, in the few situations I have seen on other models it is usually written in a similar fashion. Sorry could not be more helpful.

Darren King
10-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Hi BIG PAPA, Thanks for the quick respoinse. It is "f0h". I don't know if they attempted to copy money, but I suspect you are right. Do you know if there is any way to clear this code?. Or is the machine a boat anchor?
Thanks, Darren

Custom Search